Dk45 low transmission power

/ Dk45 low transmission power #1  

Neosastan

Tractor
Kioti dk45
My dk45 only has 357 hours. Today I had no power from the transmission. It struggled to go up a small grade in the road in medium. The engine runs great and the hydrostatic oil is at the correct level. Any thing else I should look for? I love this tractor, this is the first problem I've had with it.
Thanks in advance...

/ Dk45 low transmission power #2  
My dk45 only has 357 hours. Today I had no power from the transmission. It struggled to go up a small grade in the road in medium. The engine runs great and the hydrostatic oil is at the correct level. Any thing else I should look for? I love this tractor, this is the first problem I've had with it.
Thanks in advance...

were you in high range (if its an HST) or was engine cold?

/ Dk45 low transmission power
I was in medium range 2. I'm always able to go in high 3 on this drive. It is not a hydrostat drive.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #4  
Sounds like your clutch is slipping.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #5  
I'd have to agree with Vince. If the engine is running fine, not lugging down, and you're just not going to well, the clutch might be slipping. If the engine was working hard to try and keep you going, then maybe the brakes are dragging or your remote lever is in the on position laboring the hydro pump. Maybe a few more particulars and we can help with narrowing down what to possibly look at.

/ Dk45 low transmission power
It almost feels like the brakes are dragging. I thought about the clutch, but it seems like it "just" happened. I will check everything again in the morning. how would I check the brakes? Would I have to split the tractor to replace the clutch? I never did anything like that before.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #7  
Make sure you didn't trip the hydraulic remote lever.
The hydraulics deadheading will suck the power down too.

BTI

/ Dk45 low transmission power #8  
Brakes sticking perhaps? Maybe try each one individually to see. I guess also the govenor might be sticking and not adding more fuel as the rpms drop?

/ Dk45 low transmission power #9  
Check fuel filter for contamination also.

BTI

/ Dk45 low transmission power #10  
On my Cub Cadet DK45, the axillary rear remote lever would stick either up or down when my leg bumped it and caused something like this. Found later the cotter pin was bent on the lever/control valve. Mine started around the 300 hour mark.

Hope this helps.