Injector Pump failure

/ Injector Pump failure #11  
Looks like part was possibly made from powdered metal? Look at the machined diameter, it looks porous to me.

I have to agree, that sure does look like a injected molded part. To me some parts (well I would love to see no parts) shouldn't be injected molded and to me a gear should be on top of the list not to be injected molded.

/ Injector Pump failure #12  
Curious as to why one needs to add an additive to every tank of fuel used in ALL Kioti tractors?
I know what your saying about the 'dry' fuel, but can nothing diesel run without adding something to the fuel?
To date I've run a DK-35 for 350 hours and my current DK-40 for over 215+ hours with no additives whatsoever. I've had no starting issues, no frozen or gelled fuel issues, etc., etc. Granted, I do keep my fuel in an insulated tank stored in an indoor garage, and my local supplier cuts the fuel for winter months use.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but does Kioti suggest or require and additive to be used?
If so, where do they state this?

If you are using your tractor day after day and going through a tank or more a week, you should have no problem. Problems arise from the sitting of fuel, when condensation occurs - this adds to the Water that is already in your fuel.

KIOTI doesn't state an "additive to be used" anywhere. It is more of a recommendation that we follow. I personally add to all my trucks, cars and equipment.

Lubricity is the biggest issue with todays fuel and most fuel additives add this back to the fuel. Also fuel additives typically breakdown/seperate the water from the fuel and trap it in your filter. In todays fuel I am seeing more and more water. I have blown 3 injector tips off injectors. This is directly related to water - all three, fuel came from a different location.

Tony

/ Injector Pump failure #13  
.....KIOTI doesn't state an "additive to be used" anywhere. It is more of a recommendation that we follow. I personally add to all my trucks, cars and equipment.

Lubricity is the biggest issue with todays fuel and most fuel additives add this back to the fuel. Also fuel additives typically breakdown/seperate the water from the fuel and trap it in your filter.
Tony

DITTO!

/ Injector Pump failure #14  
If you are using your tractor day after day and going through a tank or more a week, you should have no problem. Problems arise from the sitting of fuel, when condensation occurs - this adds to the Water that is already in your fuel.

KIOTI doesn't state an "additive to be used" anywhere. It is more of a recommendation that we follow. I personally add to all my trucks, cars and equipment.

Lubricity is the biggest issue with todays fuel and most fuel additives add this back to the fuel. Also fuel additives typically breakdown/seperate the water from the fuel and trap it in your filter. In todays fuel I am seeing more and more water. I have blown 3 injector tips off injectors. This is directly related to water - all three, fuel came from a different location.

Tony

OK, I hear you on the reasons to add an additive- BUT, why isn't this type of stuff already in the fuel?! I know it sounds like a 'dumb' question, but if everybody knows today's fuel is crap and has no lubricity to it then wouldn't it make sense for the supply chain suppliers to add it in prior to the retail customer receiving the fuel?
For instance Shell and other gas suppliers claim their gas is the best- has oxygen added or nitrogen or snowflakes or some other cutting edge additive, so why not diesel suppliers? I know my supplier cuts their fuel for the winter months, as an example of trying to keep it from gelling....Is it such a stretch to have lubricity added back in?
And while we're on the subject it has supposedly been shown that some additives do a lot and others do almost nothing to improve the fuel condition.
And then there's biocides too? To keep down the algae, etc.
What are your thoughts on those?

Thanks,

CM

/ Injector Pump failure #15  
I do not expect KIOTI to warranty it unless the tractor is less than two years old. Your dealer that is working on the tractor can call and ask. Worst thing - KIOTI will say is no.

Tony

The EPA more than likely mandates a 5 year warranty on all fuel system parts as part of the emissions regulatory framework.
Many dealers and manufacturers don't publicize or acknowledge this warranty until it is pointed out to them. Read the fine print before writing a check for any fuel system repair on any engine designed to meet Federal emissions standards.

/ Injector Pump failure #16  
The EPA more than likely mandates a 5 year warranty on all fuel system parts as part of the emissions regulatory framework.
Many dealers and manufacturers don't publicize or acknowledge this warranty until it is pointed out to them. Read the fine print before writing a check for any fuel system repair on any engine designed to meet Federal emissions standards.

I thought tractors were still exempt from the epa regs....no?

/ Injector Pump failure #17  

Correct-a mundo!:D
Refer to recent thread about: " broke dk55, BOOO...". There is a fairly in depth discussion about just this EPA mandated reg several pages into the thread.

/ Injector Pump failure #18  
I have occasionally added a litre of 10w-30 oil to my diesel fuel.

Is this improving lubricity?

I was told it lubricates the injectors, does it?

/ Injector Pump failure #19  
OK, I hear you on the reasons to add an additive- BUT, why isn't this type of stuff already in the fuel?! I know it sounds like a 'dumb' question, but if everybody knows today's fuel is crap and has no lubricity to it then wouldn't it make sense for the supply chain suppliers to add it in prior to the retail customer receiving the fuel?
For instance Shell and other gas suppliers claim their gas is the best- has oxygen added or nitrogen or snowflakes or some other cutting edge additive, so why not diesel suppliers? I know my supplier cuts their fuel for the winter months, as an example of trying to keep it from gelling....Is it such a stretch to have lubricity added back in?
And while we're on the subject it has supposedly been shown that some additives do a lot and others do almost nothing to improve the fuel condition.
And then there's biocides too? To keep down the algae, etc.
What are your thoughts on those?

Thanks,

CM

Cannot honestly answer why diesel additives are not added from the fuel supplier - Best guess, Diesel fuel is used faster than gasoline is, i.e. Diesel Trucks - over the road, Construction equipment, heating oil, etc. NOTE: Before anyone comments, All diesel is ULSD fuel NOW! EPA Regs.

Cetane: get the number up! Most fuel additives do this - some more than others.

Biocides - The only time you should even worry about this is if you have a LARGE storage container and let fuel sit for a long time or know you have an algae problem. A lot of people buy used tanks - how long is that fuel been in there? Did the previous owner have fuel issues? Algae does not just go away. It must be treated.

Stanadyne does have Algae killer built in but takes a lot to cure. Best thing if you do find you have algae is talk to a fuel supplier and purchase a kit from them.

Tony

/ Injector Pump failure #20  
I thought tractors were still exempt from the epa regs....no?

No sir! All engines are EPA regulated in someway shape or form. So that means everything with an internal combustion engine is EPA regulated. Items for California are CARB regulated. Tier IV engines are coming and in a hurry! Yes we as dealers will come to love EGR's, common rail fuel systems, Cats, DPF's, etc.

Tony