Loader How do I reconnect FEL hoses

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #1  

wv joe

Tractor
Kioti DK45 SE HST
Ok, first one of my few gripes with my DK45SE - just about every time I bush hog, at least one of the quick connects for the FEL hoses under the step has a hose disconnected. I know I'm a bit aggressive bush hogging, but I'm trying to reclaim pasture that hasn't been mowed in years, so a lot of saplings. Couldn't Kioti have put some type of protection around the quick connects so that this doesn't happen?
Most of the time, it is one or two hoses and I have to horse them on. This time, all four hoses came off and I'm not sure which hose goes to which quick connect (one hose was up the sleeve around the hoses and when I pulled it out, not sure if I messed up the order).
Anyone know an easy way to match hose to quick connect? Anyone have any home made solutions to keep the hoses connected when plowing through brush?
Thanks!

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #2  
On my MF they put colored cable ties on the hoses to match up the connections. On the farm we always spray painted a small section at the end of hose to match up . With as many as 8 couplers it would take forever to trace lines and get them in correct coupler . Mark all of your implements , and life will be simpler :thumbsup:

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #3  
Are you driving forward all of the time? If so then switch you ends around. What I mean is if the female end keeps poping off because of the brush pushing it back. Switch it to the other side and the pusing back will no longer happen.

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #4  
Your ends should be color coded.
If not you will have to follow the line down from the loader cylinders.
I know the inner 2 ports are for the tilt/curl. Hook them up and if it dumps when you curl just swithch them around.

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #5  
My dk45se has colored bands on both the male and female ends. if your doesnt then its going to be trial and error i guess. They sell colored male/female dust caps also. Ive never had mine disconnect before, but if your having issues, make yourself a detachable brush guard to cover the ends. even a simple canvas wrap bag would do. Id make a metal guard myself if i was having these issues.

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #6  
That was one of my concerns when I was looking to get my DK50. I'm doing a lot of reclamation bushhoging so I had the dealer fabricate a shield for the connection point. Basically it's a plate bolted on the frame that extends past the hose connectors. Works great! Could be a little stiffer, but does the job.

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #7  
Man, I thought I was aggressive in clearing brush from overgrown pastures but I've only knocked a hose off twice in four years with my DK. I'd say you should rethink how you are using the tractor if you are knocking all four connectors off at once. One of these days you will rip a hose or worse if those sorts of forces are occurring regularly.

Can you explain just what you are doing when the hoses pop off? Backing up? Snagging on a stump? What type and density of brush are you dealing with? Is a brush hog involved?

It is possible to build guards that could provide extra protection to the hydraulics and you might also want to protect the electrical wires under the left side of the operator station.

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #8  
I have color coded plastic bands that were factory installed on my loader quick connects that started to fade and were getting a little difficult to tell red from white (both were kind of orange looking).
My solution was to use colored electrical tape, it was something I had on hand and I could use it to cover a wider area.
I would just remove the loader to do your brush hog work it does not take long at all (they are called quick attach for a reason) and you would have more maneuverability.

/ How do I reconnect FEL hoses #9  
Acme97,
Would you mind posting a couple pictures of your guard for us? That would be awesome!!!

I had the outside line disconnect on me this past summer. Never figured out why...probably a stick pop up from the front tire as I was in our tree line at the time??

My lines are color coded too (KL401) but had faded a bit. The order of the colors from the outside to the inside are: green, yellow, white, red (see photo)

I'm pretty sure the green line controls the "raise" function/action as that wasn't working when it was disconnected.

Hope this helps?

Attachments

• IMG01875-20111115-1217.jpg
    IMG01875-20111115-1217.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 209
   / How do I reconnect FEL hoses #10  
I will, but it will not be until Thanksgiving. I'm out of the area right now. I needed to get up under and look to see what I could do to put plates all the way under (or at least until I get finish with the heavy stuff). Since I don't have a cutting torch, thought I could take some measurements then go get them fab'd.

Last edited: