Tool Box on CK20

/ Tool Box on CK20 #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
When I got my CK20 I was disappointed because the tool box located under the left footrest was so small and unhandy. So I have mounted another one over the fuel tank. It was cheap, $25 at Rural King, came with hardware to mount it, and only took about thirty minutes to mount. The box isn't in the way as it would appear to be at first glance and actually provides an armrest when looking over your right shoulder backing up. It also provides a place to set a fuel can so you can syphon out of it.

Attachments

• iphonecleanoff121211 208.jpg
    iphonecleanoff121211 208.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 446
  • iphonecleanoff121211 209.jpg
    iphonecleanoff121211 209.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 411
  • iphonecleanoff121211 210.jpg
    iphonecleanoff121211 210.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 334
  • iphonecleanoff121211 211.jpg
    iphonecleanoff121211 211.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 388
   / Tool Box on CK20 #4  
Do you run a rear snow thrower? I am wondering if it gets in the way of the chute crank.
Can't quite see how you attached it, is it to the SMV bracket and another brace to the side of the gas tank??? Then moved the SMV to the back of the tool box?
I have not seen anything similar i.e. with brackets at Tractor Supply, but looks like it is easy modification.
I have been looking at a way to attach a bigger tool box for a long time.
Do you have dimensions?

/ Tool Box on CK20 #6  
Looks good. :)
Last night I was thinking my first mod on my 27 would be to get rid of the tiny plastic tool box and put something much larger. There is so much wasted space between the seat and the slow moving vehicle sign.
A nice steel box like yours would be great to store a few things and a nice size chain.

/ Tool Box on CK20
Gil, I don't run a snow blower but the box mounts on top of the fuel tank between the seat and SMW sign. I can't see it interfering with anything that the standard sign would not.

And Chris I don't think you could store a very big chain in the box.

The tool box was made by a company called SpeeCo. They are sold 'online only' at Tractor Supply, Orschelin, and Rural King. Well mostly online. I bought mine off the shelf at a Rural King in Clarksville Tennessee. Wife and I were on a shopping trip (yeah, thought those ended when the girls got married) to Nashville and I stopped there. Wife didn't really want to go in but ended up buying some scarfs and Mini-Moonpies. So she was happy and "wouldn't mind going back and looking around when we had more time".

The boxes are 6 1/2" wide, 5 1/4" tall, and either 16" or 20" long. The 20" will not fit where I put mine without covering the fuel filler. So I got the 16" and it fits perfect.

It appears to be completely water proof from above. Rain will not get in it. They do not have a removable tray in them. They come in red, black, or green. At the store they only had red so that is what I got. I am ordering two 20" to mount on either side of my tandem axle trailer to store straps and whatever in. I think I will mount one on each fender.

The boxes come with mounting hardware but the 20" apparently has a different mounting method than the 16". Mine had two L-shaped brackets, two flat brackers and enough bolts, washers, and nuts to use them all. The box has twenty or more punched holes in the back and bottom. You can see these in picture #4. You take a punch and knock them out just like on an electrical junction box.

I loosened the nut on the top of the fuel tank that holds part of the SMV sign on and put one of the L-brackets there, then attached it to the back of the box as seen in picture #4. Then I loosened the bolt that appears to be holding the right side of the fuel tank to the tractor and put the other L-bracket behind it, seen from the front in picture #3 and the back in picture #1, secured the tool box and that's it. Took more time to open the box and get the tools out than it did to mount it. Looking at my pictures got me thinking and I think I will take the bolts out and Lock-Tite them later.

The online prices for the 16" box is $39.99 from Tractor Supply and Orschelin. Rural King in $24.99 with free shipping if you order over $49. The 20" boxes are also $39.99 from Tractor Supply and $29.99 from Rural King.

The next step in pimping out my CK20 is to order the left side step from Michigan Iron and Equipment for $79. This is needed to make it easier for my wife to get on the tractor. It has nothing to do with my age and stiffness.

RSKY

/ Tool Box on CK20 #8  
Thanks for the info.
I put the step on this spring and I love it. Definitely worth the money although I hemmed and hawed about $79 for a step. Only issue I had was getting the bolts off the back hoe bracket which is where the step is mounted. Must have been put on by a gorilla with a big bar. No room for a big bar if you are working on the tractor on the ground. So I got a hold of a BIG 3/4" impact wrench 1000 ft-lbs or something like that. Came right off and put the new ones back on with the same torque.

/ Tool Box on CK20 #9  
This is what I used for my tool box.

Attachments

• image-2187746030.png
    image-2187746030.png
    855.9 KB · Views: 210
  • image-1554272594.png
    image-1554272594.png
    746 KB · Views: 198
  • image-1561739814.png
    image-1561739814.png
    847.7 KB · Views: 225