Finally used the plow

/ Finally used the plow #1  

seacap04

Gold Member
Tractor
07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL
It took 2 small snow storms to finall get enough snow to plow. I took an old Fisher 71/2' snow and converted it to QA. My thanks to kubota tee and 4shorts as I followed their designs. Works good, still on the low end of the learning curve. I had to throw this together in a hurry so had a couple of bugs. I did not have time to drill the pivot bolt for a cotter pin. I double nutted it instead. I used lunch pins for rear shoes. They all failed. But not until I plowed an acre of shop yard, my 300 ft driveway and yard, and did 1/2 of my neighbors mile long driveway.

My wife even got to try it out as she will be using it when I ship out. So it is back in the shop now, I will address the issues tomorrow.

Attachments

• WP_000064.jpg
    WP_000064.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 440
  • WP_000065.jpg
    WP_000065.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 385
  • WP_000090.jpg
    WP_000090.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 417
   / Finally used the plow #2  
Blower on back with a good snow blade on front? Stylin' ! Thats a nice set up. Love to have a blade on front.

/ Finally used the plow #3  
Looks like you have surprise for old man winter..nice setup.

/ Finally used the plow #4  
Do you ever get stuck in that white mud like stuff? It looks kinda like mud so it must be slippery. I think I read about such white stuff once upon a time.

Seriously though it does look as if you are gonna have a blast. makes me wish you guys had more snow...

/ Finally used the plow
I "borrowed" the rear snow blower of my Satoh 630D. The Satoh has a 4 sp PTO and I can wind the blower up. With 540 rpm I can only dump the snow beside it. I am just using it for rear wt.

I am pleased with the front blade. I did my snow removal in about 1/3 the time and my neck didn't hurt. Figured I would work bugs out and do any mods this season and paint it in the off season. I am already on mod 2.

I have never gotten a 4wd tractor stuck. I have had the Satoh up to it's belly in mud and the r1 ags kept it going. My DK45 with r4's could be another story. Hope the bucket can keep me out of trouble.

/ Finally used the plow #7  
Hey Paul,

Been watching some of your videos, from the burin peninsula myself. Keep up the great work you are doing.

/ Finally used the plow #8  
I see the Newfoundlanders are taking over the thread. I'm in St. Phillip's, my friend with another CK20S is in North River.

I have the Michigan Iron 6' plow...you are right, these are great!

Jon

/ Finally used the plow #9  
The snow has been a disappointment for us Mainers working on our plows. Looks good so far, sounds like you've got one heck of a test track!

As for ye Newfoundlanders, I need to visit your province someday. My grandfather was born on Great Colinet Island and my grandmother was from Salmonier.

/ Finally used the plow #10  
Hey Paul,

Been watching some of your videos, from the burin peninsula myself. Keep up the great work you are doing.

Cool. Burin is a great area. Great to see more Newfoundlanders here. I was starting to feel lonely :laughing: Hope your enjoying those videos :D

Oh and :welcome: to the site.

I see the Newfoundlanders are taking over the thread. I'm in St. Phillip's, my friend with another CK20S is in North River.
I have the Michigan Iron 6' plow...you are right, these are great!

Jon

Ya its more like an invasion by the looks of it. The only guy I know up the river with a Kioti is a fellow by the name of Reg S. I'm sure there must be more. Every time I turn on the news there're talking about the Kioti problem here on the island :laughing:

The snow has been a disappointment for us Mainers working on our plows. Looks good so far, sounds like you've got one heck of a test track!

As for ye Newfoundlanders, I need to visit your province someday. My grandfather was born on Great Colinet Island and my grandmother was from Salmonier.

Man it's just as well to face it. With that much Newfie blood in you it's just as well you pack everything up and move here :laughing:

Last edited: