Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50 #1  

whitmerlegacyfarm

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti DK50SE HST w/ 401 Loader
I really got hay fever already and i still have 6 months till Hay Making time. I just recently got a lot of older used hay equipment. I will be using my DK 50 HST for the whole process more then likely on my 10 ac. Also helping a neighbor on roughly 25 ac. Which he will be using his tractors also. I ran my DK 50 this year for making a little hay w/ a 2nd and 3rd cutting. This is all new to me and i just can't stop thinking about next year.

This is the list of equipment i got so far in the last few months. New Holland 1469 SP Haybine , NH 479 Haybine, NH 68 Hayline, NH 269 Hayliner, NH 56 rake, and a H&S 8 Tedder. All totaling $3400. I think i did pretty good reason i i ended up with an extra baler the SP haybine was 269 was only 400 bucks w/ a kicker and SP haybine was only 500.

Just wondering if any other Kioti owners love making hay w/ there Kioti's. I would like to consider a bigger tractor if we make a few extra bucks on the hay from my neighbors property. Hoping to get 2500 bales or so off his 25 ac in first cutting duno if that will happen or not. They took 200 big squares first cut last year i'm not sure but was told that's like 3k in small bales.

This is all new to me so im in for a big learning experience but i think i can handle it. I know i'm just rambling on but just nice to hear from ya all.

Happy New Years to All

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50 #2  
I don't own a Kioti. I am just taking the time to wish you the best in your endeavor.:tractor:

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50 #3  
Congratulations ! I am interested in hearing about your progress and results as I have a DK55 sitting on my dealers lot that I will pick up sometime after the 5th of January. I am having a WR Long Grapple & Third Function Valve added for the added step of land clearing before I can make hay so I may have a field planted before the snow flies in 2012. Best of luck, keep us posted on your progress.

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50 #4  
Well I'm jealous of the 1469. That's a lot of fun to operate. If you just want to relax some of that hay energy, now is the time to check tires, pins, dirt, wear, chains, sprockets, teeth, cutter bars, tines, wheel bearings, gearbox oil levels and driveline wear.

Yes you can wait until the day before to repair it, but now is a good time to start making a list of things to do.

If you are still itchy, start looking for a NH Stackliner (1010 or 1012, etc.). And hay customers, too ! Believe me, I know the feeling you have. It started in me ~25 years ago and only gets better. The one thing I wish I had done was to document the 'lessones learned' every year so I could read it over at the beginning of the next season. Machinery clues, mowing direction, raking single double or triple windrows, which fields dry faster, which tire has a slow leak, tractor hitch position, 'need to add hydraulic baler tongue swing cylinder' kind of notes, etc..

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50
Congratulations ! I am interested in hearing about your progress and results as I have a DK55 sitting on my dealers lot that I will pick up sometime after the 5th of January. I am having a WR Long Grapple & Third Function Valve added for the added step of land clearing before I can make hay so I may have a field planted before the snow flies in 2012. Best of luck, keep us posted on your progress.

Billys Goat, you DK55 is a whole different class of tractor if i remember correctly, now that i'm getting into the hay making i kinda wish i would of got the DK55. I am very happy with my DK50 so far but lookin forward to puttin it to the test this next summer. I think i will just wait to see how next year goes and look into getting something bigger but older. Hopfully have a successful year and sell a few thousand bales of hay lol. Keep me posted on your DK 55 then.

Well I'm jealous of the 1469. That's a lot of fun to operate. If you just want to relax some of that hay energy, now is the time to check tires, pins, dirt, wear, chains, sprockets, teeth, cutter bars, tines, wheel bearings, gearbox oil levels and driveline wear.

Yes you can wait until the day before to repair it, but now is a good time to start making a list of things to do.

If you are still itchy, start looking for a NH Stackliner (1010 or 1012, etc.). And hay customers, too ! Believe me, I know the feeling you have. It started in me ~25 years ago and only gets better. The one thing I wish I had done was to document the 'lessones learned' every year so I could read it over at the beginning of the next season. Machinery clues, mowing direction, raking single double or triple windrows, which fields dry faster, which tire has a slow leak, tractor hitch position, 'need to add hydraulic baler tongue swing cylinder' kind of notes, etc..

Have you used a 1469 before? I only drove it about 100yds to where the Hauler dropped it in the field so i could get it put away in the Equipment Shed at my buddies. It was defently different to drive didn't like how when i threw it into gear it just started to roll lol. Was a little tricky pullin it into the barn and feather in and out of gear. This is all a learning curve for me so hopefully once i start running it next summer i will get the hang of it quick. My main question is then if you have used of these do you run it on many hills? We have a few decent hills/side hills? Just curious if i can handle it on them.

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50 #7  
I have used my DK45SC making hay the last 2 seasons. I also am using a John Deere 4430 that is about 125hp. I only use the 4430 for mowing and round baling. I use the DK45 on a New Holland 315 square baler and so far no problems. It is great on the Kuhn rotary rake as well as it turns shorter than the Deere. I have a spear for moving round bales which is great. My wife helps quite often since we have cabbed tractors.:laughing:

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50 #8  
Have you used a 1469 before? I only drove it about 100yds to where the Hauler dropped it in the field so i could get it put away in the Equipment Shed at my buddies. It was defently different to drive didn't like how when i threw it into gear it just started to roll lol. Was a little tricky pullin it into the barn and feather in and out of gear. This is all a learning curve for me so hopefully once i start running it next summer i will get the hang of it quick. My main question is then if you have used of these do you run it on many hills? We have a few decent hills/side hills? Just curious if i can handle it on them.

Post some pics! I would love to have a SP.:licking:

Post some pics! I would love to have a SP.:licking:

Sorry i don't have any pics. I should of got some that day we had it running and put in the barn. We are going to wait till spring to tinker around with all this stuff i guess.

I will have to use my DK 50 to pull the 479 haybine you think i can handle that for my 10 ac and places we can't get the 1469?

/ Got Hay Fever Alredy, Testing DK50 #10  
The manual for my 489, which is a 9ft cut like your 479, 35hp pto or greater.
They are heavy though and you are pulling from the side. First cutting will usally take the most HP as it will be the heaviest.