Dirt Moving dk40SE HST starting difficulty

/ dk40SE HST starting difficulty #1  

derek01

Bronze Member
Tractor has about 350 hours I am having difficulty starting it. Turn the key only clicks play with the speed selector and it will occasionally turn over. The Workshop manbual shows a a range shift sensor that I thought could be the problem (the speed and neutral position is accuratly displayed on the dash panel) but I thought there could be a second shitch some where that could be bad and is locking out the starter? I called the dealer he said he has seen the control module cause this problem I was unable to een find a control module in either the parts manual or the workshop manual I was hoping to purchase part so I could remove and replace at the same time the speed sensor switch is over 100$ (not returnable) so I hate to buy it and find some other switch in need of replacement and that one is still good. any suggestions?

/ dk40SE HST starting difficulty #2  
The electrical schematics in my service manual shows the neutral safety switch is ONLY in the mechanical (non hst) models.

Drawings 11-5 for HST does not show an actual neutral safety. Only the part you describe (range shift sensor).
Have you run the diagnostics on the range shift sensor to check readings??

/ dk40SE HST starting difficulty
I plan on doing it this weekend kind of dark when i get home seems like the only switch That could interrupt the circuit is the speed selector switch though. The HSMT ROPS wiring diagram does not show the speed sensor in the start circuit but machine has to be in neutral so something has to lock out starter

/ dk40SE HST starting difficulty #4  
I plan on doing it this weekend kind of dark when i get home seems like the only switch That could interrupt the circuit is the speed selector switch though. The HSMT ROPS wiring diagram does not show the speed sensor in the start circuit but machine has to be in neutral so something has to lock out starter

i was looking at the diagrams also, and i couldn't figure out where it interrupts the circuit either. Al i know is it does. And it does this in a weird way. If i accidentally leave it in gear and try to start my hst tractor, the starter clicks for about 1/2 a second then dies. So i wonder if theres a solenoid or relay involved somewheres. If it was just a switch, i shouldn't have that 1/2 second delay in shutting down the starter.

/ dk40SE HST starting difficulty #5  
im wondering if there is any adjustmant in the range shift sensor?? My manual has service checks to do for HST engines pages 11-68 - 11-70

and there is no further mention of any other safety lockouts EXCEPT for the pto

I think I will try calling a couple other dealers tomorrow to see if I can find out what actually interrupts the start circuit somebody should know maybe I will end up bringing it to a dealer if I buy a new switch at 120$ and it was not bad that would likely be 20 percent of the total fix out the door.

/ dk40SE HST starting difficulty #7  
The Bobcat version also uses a brake switch, brake pedal has to be pressed plus range selector in nuetral and PTO off. Signals from all 3 switches go to Operational Control Unit (computer) to verify neutral before starting circuit is connected. The start relay is in the OCU that is why you may get a momentary starter connection but then kick out if 1 or more of the switches do no confirm neutral.

Don' know if Kioti requires the brake switch. Attached is schematic of the Bobcat. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• ct440 wire schematic.pdf
    242.7 KB · Views: 146
Did you for get the attachment?

Doxie I got into the shop this AM and found the attachment on my PC it was not on my I pad for some reason Thanks I will look it over later.

/ dk40SE HST starting difficulty #10  
i do not have to use the brakes when starting mt DK45 HST

only the PTO and the shift selector affect it.