UPDATE: KIOTI weighs in~ DK-40 Squeal when in reverse...

/ UPDATE: KIOTI weighs in~ DK-40 Squeal when in reverse... #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
NEWS from KIOTI: I spoke with Kioti in SC.
They have been working in conjunction with Daedong to find resolution to the 'squeal in reverse' issues and here is the latest.
They have come up with an updated line for the left side of the tractor hydraulics lines from the filter to the HST. This is NOT to be confused with the initial 'fix' pieces which were installed on some tractors as a diagnostic means of determining exactly where the problem originated from. It is being referred to as and 'attenuator' and it treats and solves the noise problem on the symptom level- not the cause level, BUT, as the Kioti official explained to me- Daedong and the HST manufacturer are going beyond that for new production HST's by changing the relief valve in the HST to a different/newer part - details of which are NOT currently available, at least not to me.
Side note: to those who wanted to blow off this problem as nonexistant, maybe next time you might consider sitting back and observing instead of creating un-necessary 'noise' on the channel where the rest of us are seeking out a real solution to a real problem.

Here is what I suggest for those who are currently having issues with the noise: VERIFY that it exists on your specific tractor. Speak with your selling dealer and ASK them to create a case for your tractor and ask them nicely to please contact Kioti NA headquarters and ask for the HST attenuator update to be installed on your tractor while it is under warranty.

Understand too that I do NOT speak for or on behalf of Kioti in this matter.
I will say, from a personal perspective that I am impressed that a solution to the problem has been researched by Kioti both here in the states and in S. Korea.
One further note- I would say that it would be UNreasonable for anyone with a squealing in reverse DK series tractor to expect, (especially since Kioti is searching for/finding a possible solution to the cause at the HST manufacturer level), that anyone would expect or ask for a replacement transmission. I was told that in addition to the newest research and problem solving efforts there is, according to the person I spoke to,: NO damage occurring to the HST unit as a result of the symptomatic noise emanating from the HST units.

Hope this information eases some of your concerns about the issue and it's resolution.

Happy New Year to all, in advance.

CM out.

P.S. I started a new thread to update those both new to this issue and to those who have been following it since "Kattywumpas" started it last Oct~ Nov, whenever it began....

Bunch of Stihl chainsaws : 011, MS-192T, MS200T, MS180B, MS-230, MS-270, 038 Farmboss (1986 Anniversary edition).

/ UPDATE: KIOTI weighs in~ DK-40 Squeal when in reverse... #2  
Been following the original thread from the start.

So they are telling you that the currently installed relief valve is responsible for the noise but, at the same time, no damage will follow from continuing to use transmissions with that faulty valve.

Sounds like if you can put up with some squealing for a while then you won't have a problem.

Excuse the pun, but that certainly is a relief for some of you.:D

/ UPDATE: KIOTI weighs in~ DK-40 Squeal when in reverse...
Been following the original thread from the start.

So they are telling you that the currently installed relief valve is responsible for the noise but, at the same time, no damage will follow from continuing to use transmissions with that faulty valve.

Sounds like if you can put up with some squealing for a while then you won't have a problem.

Excuse the pun, but that certainly is a relief for some of you.:D

No, not quite. They said that the HST manufacturer is likely/will change the relief valve, but it is not known if that will make a difference in the cause until they have done so. It is NOT Daedong doing the change it is Kansaki (sp?) the HST mfg. who decides to change whatever parts during production to attempt to eliminate the cause- rather than fix the symptoms post production, as is the case currently with those HST's having issue in the field.

/ UPDATE: KIOTI weighs in~ DK-40 Squeal when in reverse... #4  
CM,

I need to go find your original thread.

On an occassion I have heard a noise, yes. Not sure when, not loud.

When the dealer delivered the tractor, he said if I ever heard a whining noise to check for a mud dauber nest plugging the HYD fill plug where the little hole is, so every time I've heard it (not very often) I assumed dirt or ??? plugging that hole.

I will go search for your other thread...

Thanks for all the info here! Excellent post sir!

Happy 2012!
David

CM,

I need to go find your original thread.

On an occassion I have heard a noise, yes. Not sure when, not loud.

When the dealer delivered the tractor, he said if I ever heard a whining noise to check for a mud dauber nest plugging the HYD fill plug where the little hole is, so every time I've heard it (not very often) I assumed dirt or ??? plugging that hole.

I will go search for your other thread...

Thanks for all the info here! Excellent post sir!

Happy 2012!
David

Mossflowerwoods,

You're quite welcome!
Happy 2012 to you too!:thumbsup:

Please note the original thread is not mine - and it can be found on the same page, or possibly now a page back from this updated thread on the same basic subject. Original thread by Kattwumpas. "DK-40Se squeal when in reverse".

Let me assure you, if you experience the HST squeal in reverse you will know it right away. It is unmistakeably loud and annoying to be heard easily even with ear protection; which I always try to wear when operating machinery of any kind. I have enough hearing damage from running chippers and chainsaws back before ear protection was even a thought to be considered.

SQUEAL NOISE FIXED!!
As of yesterday, when my selling dealer installed the new Kioti manufactured hose and replacement banjo bolt the squeal is NON-existant! YEAH!!!
And to all naysayers who cried 'whiners' to those of us experiencing the squeal, let me just say two things: 1. if there was no apparent noise then how come the noise instantly disappeared when the updated hose/bolt was installed with out doing anything else to the tractor?!
2. This noise has been apparent since ten hours and now at 399 hours is GONE.

Thanks Kioti/Daedong! My ears thank you! My neighbors thank you!:D

If any readers here are or have been experiencing the squeal/noise when in reverse, contact your selling dealer and ask them to order the kit which is now finally available through Kioti headquarters parts dept.

/ UPDATE: KIOTI weighs in~ DK-40 Squeal when in reverse... #7  
Thanks for keeping us updated CM!
Mine has a quiet reverse squeal but I find its pretty dependent on rpms and load, so I can usually just bump the rpms up a tad and use the reverse pedal a little less and not have the squeal occur.
I had no change in the squeal either with a new HST filter and a change to Shell Spirax Hyd. fluid on my 50 hr service.
Any chance you could post some pictures of what the new parts look like?

Photo Mar 22, 9 19 03 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 22, 9 20 21 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 22, 9 20 26 AM.jpg

Above are the pics of the parts involved in solving the squeal issue. The first pic shows what the tractor is equipped with from the factory. The second and third pics depict the replacement parts; a newly designed hydraulic hose which I believe takes the place of the "u" shaped metal pipe. (I say, "I believe," because I did not actually see whether the "u" shaped metal tube was reinstalled or not- I was called away at the moment things were being reassembled. I will take a look and post back if indeed the piece is still used as part of the update). The old style banjo bolt had a hex head cap screw head and the new design attaches the hydraulic hose's elbow swivel fitting directly to the top of the bolt's end. Note the hyd hose has a cap on it from the factory to protect it from contamination. The caps which were on each end are removed prior to installation. Installation took about 1/2 hour or less start to finish. There is no need to drain hydraulic fluid to do this update, but I was at 400 hour service interval so I changed both hydraulic filters and topped off the trans fluid.

Part numbers from the parts bags they came in, are as follows: New style eyebolt to replace existing~ part # T4125-39101.
Attenuator hose: part # T4125-39001
Cord band,(cable tie) part # T2185-82551

NOTE: I cannot say whether these part numbers apply to ALL tractors exhibiting the squeal noise because I'm not privy to that data- which is one again why I suggest ANYone with the squeal noise that needs diagnosis/repair; contact your selling dealer and discuss it with them FIRST.

CM out.