New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW
:licking: Can't wait to get out in this beautiful weather with my new cab tonight for a little plowing :thumbsup:, well, if my tractor starts :laughing:

Attachments

• Weather.JPG
    Weather.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 193
   / New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #32  
I'm sure it will start, I've had to use my CK20 in -15 F (-26 C) after a brutal storm and had no problems starting. Hope you have an anti-gelling additive in that fuel.

The trick my dealer showed me was to cycle the glow plugs ONCE, as soon as the light goes out, crank the engine. Then as soon as it catches, turn the key to the glow plug position again for 5-10 seconds until the idle smooths out. Cycling the glow plugs more than once before starting just drains the battery.

I'm sure it will start, I've had to use my CK20 in -15 F (-26 C) after a brutal storm and had no problems starting. Hope you have an anti-gelling additive in that fuel.

The trick my dealer showed me was to cycle the glow plugs ONCE, as soon as the light goes out, crank the engine. Then as soon as it catches, turn the key to the glow plug position again for 5-10 seconds until the idle smooths out. Cycling the glow plugs more than once before starting just drains the battery.

Sorry, bad joke aimed more at the fact that something always goes wrong when I turn the key. But hey, thanks, that's a great little trick and makes a lot of sense.

Well, I think I've finally wrapped up dealing with my new cab. As I indicated in previous posts to this thread, the sales material listed several features that weren't included in the cab. The cab does not include pre-wired speakers, a rear view mirror or a cup holder (or an antenna in the "pre-wired audio den with speakers"), as is listed as standard equipment. The web page for the cab has since been changed, but the last time I looked, the pdf sales brochure was still incorrect.

I brought my concerns to Kioti's attention, more out of principle than anything else, although, the lack of a cup holder was causing me some grief since I like to sit with a coffee in the morning. My dealer installed the missing speakers for me and I will re-install the original cup holder (I got it back from my dealer, anybody know how to use one of those needle thingys with thread :confused3:) and I can live without a rear view mirror (cab has very nice large side view mirrors). I proposed a resolution to Kioti to compensate my dealer for his time and parts and me for my time and effort. It was very simple, a Kioti jacket, and Kioti hat for me and pay my dealer his costs. I'm happy to say, once I started talking directly to Kioti and not though my dealer, Kioti finally understood what I was asking for, it was a non issue for them, they're sending my jacket and cap and contacting my dealer.

So, after the original installation was fixed, I was very happy with the cab and enjoyed it tremendously this winter. Now that my own little beef about missing features has been resolved in a way that makes me happy, I'm very satisfied with the cab. I know this might not sound like much of a resolution to many here, but I did get the speakers and I don't want a cup holder stuck to the window with double sided tape. Fighting to have the cab modified to fit the original cup holder would be pointless, so this gives me a little something for all the effort I've put in so far and will put in by the time it's done to my satisfaction.

I also installed a stereo this weekend. Amazing how cheap stereo's are these days, $100 got me a Sony CD/USB/Aux stereo with remote (great for bh work!) and 6 inch speaker kit. I tried to match the wiring harness that was in the cab, but the one I got didn't quite fit, so I just spliced the wires right in. I now need to figure out how to mount the 6 inch speakers in a way that looks like they came from the factory, the 4 inch ones are making my ears bleed.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #35  
Good to hear, thanks for the update!

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #36  
kiotiken,
If you still would lke a rear veiw morror, you can always pick one up at a local auto parts store.
They don't cost that much, and are very easy to install.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #37  
Thank's for the update Ken ,glad your happy ,....Craig

kiotiken,
If you still would lke a rear veiw morror, you can always pick one up at a local auto parts store.
They don't cost that much, and are very easy to install.

It's even easier than that, I took one out of my last tractor to re-finish the cab and never put it back in, so I could re-use that one. I'm thinking I'll just leave it though, the other features were really important to me, but I'm not really to concerned about this one (it was in the way in my last tractor, which is why I never put it back), my beef was simply that it was listed and not included.

Kioti wasn't easy to get a hold of directly, although my concerns were very minor and non pressing to anybody, including myself. Once I did manage to get the attention of the right person at Kioti, I'm very happy to say that he was very good to deal with and eager to resolve my complaint. I'd say I'm very happy with the response from Kioti overall, and would like to thank David for all his help. I'd also say that the cab is top notch, and if it hadn't have been for the installation issues and poor sales materials, this cab would have knocked my socks off from day one. Kioti built this for a very small market (not too many of you Texans probably lining up for a cab with no A/C), and considering that, they did a great job.