New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #1  

kiotiken

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab
Well, I couldn't resist the $1500 rebate Kioti was offering on cabs for the CK27-35, so I pulled the trigger and had one installed. I've had the tractor back for a week and I'm getting used to the cab, so here's a few pictures and a bit of a review.

Like everything else I buy, nothing goes smoothly, and this cab is going to fit right into this category quite nicely. I don't have too many good things to say about it so I'll break the issues down between Kioti issues and installation issues. I've got a call into the dealer and will be discussing those issues today, so I won't get to far into them in the hopes they'll be fixed.

First, the good. Very nice looking cab (from the outside). It's warm. It's a little lower than the tractor was with the ROPS. Sorry, that's all I can think of.

Starting with the Kioti issues. My dealer didn't have one of these set up, and neither did any of the other dealers around me, so I relied on the brochure from Kioti (http://www.kioti.com/attach_files/Products/US_CK Cab 12-2011 compressed.pdf) and any pictures I could find on the internet (Thanks KiotiKarl! http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...k20-hydrostatic-transmission-comfort-cab.html). Unfortunately, the specs don't match the product. Listed as standard features are:

1) Pre-wired audio den with speakers - No speakers included, dealer DID install them.
2) Side/Rear view mirrors. - No Rear view mirror, although, there does seem to be a place to attach one. (first pic)
3) Cup holder - No, not for the CK27-35 version. Pics from KiotiKarl show one for the CK20 version. You might say "who cares", and you may be right, but many mornings I've gone out with a coffee in a travel mug for some seat time.
4) They didn't ship all the parts, I'm now waiting on the hardware for the front windshield, my dealer wired it shut in the meantime.

Now for the installation issues. Some may end up moving to the Kioti issue category.

1) The floor is VERY sloppy, it doesn't seem to fit, seems to have been installed in the wrong order (I would guess it should have been the first thing installed, not the last), and will allow water to penetrate and rust out the floor. See pic 2 & 3.

2) The insulating matting is missing around the centre console. It is clearly visible in the picture from KiotiKarl, pic 4, but it is missing and I can stick my hand through the floor, pic 5. Kioti went to some trouble to make the material tight to all control levers, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have left gaping holes right beside the engine compartment. This material is to reduce noise after all.

3) The material under the seat doesn't fit properly, pic 6.

I'll leave it there, I may update more later, but I do really like my dealer and he deserves the chance to make these issues right as well as a few others we don't need to get into.

To end on a positive note, I asked for a rear wiper. I was told there wasn't one available. My dealer did figure out how to mount one for me. I also inquired into adding a second remote but then decided to put it off until I buy a snowblower. When I got the tractor back, my dealer had gone ahead with it because they would have had to remove the cab to do it in the future. This may have been a big issue for some, but I appreciated it and I'm glad it only cost me $500 now instead of $1000 next year. He also told me I could pay for it later if I wanted to, which I didn't.

All in, cab, installation, taxes, transport, wiper, rear work lights removed from ROPS and added to cab, second remote came to $6900.00 CDN

Attachments

• PC277393.jpg
    PC277393.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 773
  • Pic 4.JPG
    Pic 4.JPG
    420.2 KB · Views: 786
  • Pic 5.JPG
    Pic 5.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 645
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 797
  • Pic 3.JPG
    Pic 3.JPG
    517.9 KB · Views: 659
  • PC317416.jpg
    PC317416.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 730
  • PC277396.jpg
    PC277396.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • PC277390.jpg
    PC277390.jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 686
  • PC277392.jpg
    PC277392.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 786
   / New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW
Oh ya, one more bit of info for anybody shopping for one of these, the front work lights are not very bright, certainly nowhere near as bright as the lights the dealer added to the rear. Good enough for me as it's really the rear lights that are important for what I want to do at night (plow the driveway, backhoe work, flood the rink etc).

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #3  
That truly sucks that you are having issues with the cab. Looking at the photo's I beleive that the fit/ finish deficiancies are instalation related. I have seen two other cab installs and both were much cleaner , with smoother fabric and tighter clearances between seams.
Both of the dealers that gave me quotes to install the cab on my tractor took great pains to tell me it was a tricky job and neither seemed very excited about doing the installation . One of the technicions that I sppke to specifically said that aligning the sound deadoning material was a colosal pain in the a&$.
All that being said I can't beleave that the manager or owner of your dealership was willing to allow your tractor to leave the lot with your brand new $7000.00 cab looking like that ,that is simply unacceptable. I certainly hope that they will be able to deal with the instalation related problems and make it right..............Craig

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #4  
That's not right that you spent that much money for that kind of quality. The factory cab should fit much better than that.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #5  
My comment is that a rear view mirror is useless in a tractor cab. You'll be looking at yourself most of the time. My old 1086 Massy had one but no side mirrors.

The install, from what I see is very amateurish, like the bunched up mat under the seat. For 6900 CDN, I'd demand more, lots more.

I have seen two other cab installs and both were much cleaner , with smoother fabric and tighter clearances between seams.

Craig, was either of those installs on a CK27-35? The picture from KiotiKarl of a CK20 install clearly shows the fabric wrapped around the centre console, and I'm betting my dealer just didn't install it. Not having had the opportunity to see one installed on a CK30, I'm just basing this on the CK20 cab pic.

My comment is that a rear view mirror is useless in a tractor cab. You'll be looking at yourself most of the time. My old 1086 Massy had one but no side mirrors.

The install, from what I see is very amateurish, like the bunched up mat under the seat. For 6900 CDN, I'd demand more, lots more.

OK, I'll give you that point, I took the rear view mirror out of my JD 955. I never would have said anything or cared if that was the only feature listed that was missing, but 3 features?

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #8  
No both were on ck 20s ,but with all the expense that went in to designing these cabs I can't believe they would be different, other then scaling to fit.........Craig

No both were on ck 20s ,but with all the expense that went in to designing these cabs I can't believe they would be different, other then scaling to fit.........Craig

I agree. There's also only one brochure for the CK20 CK27-35 cab and there are no distinctions made between them.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #10  
Both my tractors were factory cabs ... I would not be pleased if I was in your shoes.