Ck27hst, r4's and tiller.

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #1  

pickeringchris

Gold Member
I am planning to drive down to the States and pick up a KK2 60" tiller this week. I just measured my CK27 and it is about 62" wide with the R4 tires. I don't think the KK2 has an adjustable offset. So I may have to cut/modify/weld the 60" unit to have a 6" offset. Or buy the 72" which, by the numbers will be too much tiller for my machine.
Am I thinking too much into this?

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #2  
Kioti's application chart shows a 59" as the largest. Their next is a 65" and not recommended other than for at least the CK30 and 35 or DK35. I would say it's your limit on pto hp that would keep you from a 72". To bad you couldn't find a 65". You're only 3hp low and it probably would run fine but I would stay away from the 72" unless your ground is soft.

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #3  
Yes you are, you won't notice 1' overage on either side and it won't hurt anything. All mid-sized tractors like yours are rated for a 60" size tiller but some are 59 and 58. It's a lot of trouble to cut and weld for 1" on ea. side. Just go w/ it and go on.

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller.
Ok. Thanks guys. FYI, I have very high OM and the soil is real light and fluffy. I think a 72" would have no problem in my garden. Now if i wanted to break new ground i would likely be in trouble with a lack of pto hp.
I will go with the 60" and try it. If I don't like, I will offset it. Will only cost me time and some paint.

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #5  
Also for tilling....just offset the tiller a slight bit to one side to cover up wheel tracks on the one side. When you run the next pass, youll cover up the next tract...etc.

if your worrying at all.

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #6  
When you get it home, and excited to hook it up and see how looks the first time..... don't forget to check, measure the PTO shaft length before hooking PTO to tractor. Would hate to see you bend or crack something right away.

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #7  
im running a woods 60 on my ck 27 with no problems, the way im set up it covers my tracks on one side works out nice

SSdoxie said:
When you get it home, and excited to hook it up and see how looks the first time..... don't forget to check, measure the PTO shaft length before hooking PTO to tractor. Would hate to see you bend or crack something right away.

Thanks!!!! That was one of the things the dealer told me when we did the walk around. You can do major damage of that shaft is too long. :)

bullet20 said:
im running a woods 60 on my ck 27 with no problems, the way im set up it covers my tracks on one side works out nice

So, I assume it's slightly offset and you have only a partial tire track left on one side. A few inches right?

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #10  
Chris;

If this tiller is for your pumpkin patch, you could get the TG-72 and remove the two outside sets of tines for the first couple of passes, and reinstall for the final pass. Then, when the pumpkins get too big for the 27, the TG-72 will be perfect for your new DK40. Also, if you are driving to our friends in Michigan, you might consider getting a KK middle buster while you're there.