Boom pole. Ck27

/ Boom pole. Ck27 #1  

pickeringchris

Gold Member
I'm not that great working out lever loads. If I was to get the tractor supply boom pole, how much could I safely and realistically lift with my ck27 with the load attached to the tip?

Thanks.

/ Boom pole. Ck27 #2  

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,047
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,735
   / Boom pole. Ck27 #3  
With my ck30 i attached about 1100-1200 lbs at the tip and the only thing that came up was the front wheels. I would guess you could carry about 625 to 650 around with a light front end. With a loader more. I moved a 275 gallon drum about 1/2 to 2/3 full of fuel oil but i had no loader, and lift point was not at the tip of the boom pole. half full was 928 lbs and 2/3 full was 1392 lbs

/ Boom pole. Ck27 #4  
With my ck30 i attached about 1100-1200 lbs at the tip and the only thing that came up was the front wheels. I would guess you could carry about 625 to 650 around with a light front end. With a loader more. I moved a 275 gallon drum about 1/2 to 2/3 full of fuel oil but i had no loader, and lift point was not at the tip of the boom pole. half full was 928 lbs and 2/3 full was 1392 lbs

What type of BP do you have ?
(brand-sqaure/round etc)
Boone

/ Boom pole. Ck27
So if you can lift that kinda weight I should be looking at something heavier than the 500lbs rated TS version. Maybe I will make one myself out of 3", 1/4 wall square tubing.
I do have a loader so I guess I could fill the bucket up with dirt if I wanted to lift something heavy.

/ Boom pole. Ck27 #6  
You can get a better one if you build it yourself, even adding a telescopic arm. There are several of these projects in various forums on TBN.

/ Boom pole. Ck27 #7  
Bought mine from linebach. I am local to the company

/ Boom pole. Ck27 #8  
Chris have you thought about making a pole for your FEL? You do have SSQA I think , and it would not be hard to fab up one for a SSQA plate. You would be able to lift probably about all you would want to lift, weight wise, but have an advantage in height and ease of transport going forward you could see the load..I know some guys on here have built them to lift trusses and such up on to roofs. just an idea.

James K0UA

/ Boom pole. Ck27
I was just thinking about that my friend. I was thinking if I made a short boom pole that mounted on the quick attach (bucket removed) I would increase my load capacity because I would not have the bucket on. The bucket weighs 167 lbs. that would increase lift capacity to around 1300lbs. I could load pumpkins under 1300lbs with my tractor. Or am I totally off base here?
I would need to get the attach point 36-40" away from the front grill guard.

/ Boom pole. Ck27 #10  
Remember that the lift specs on the loader are relative to a few inches from the pivot point. The further out in front you are, the less you lift capacity will be, and it divides down quickly. You could probably lift more weight with your 3ph, though not as high.

I have a set of hydraulic forks for the 3ph I'd like to sell. 3000 lb capacityr (forks), cat1 or cat 2, lifts to about 5' high with 3ph all the way up and hydraulic lift at the top. Bale-type long (~4') pointed forks.