thread size

/ thread size #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Anyone know the thread size for the 2WD/4WD lever? The plastic threads on the OEM knob have given way and I'd like to just put a phenolic knob with metal threads on it.

/ thread size
Well, since I got no help here, and the service manual doesn't say, I ordered three options from mcmaster carr: 9mm and 10 mm threaded phenolic balls, and a solide phenolic balll. If the 9/10mms don't work, I'll drill the solid ball and then self tape it right on the lever. Will post when it's done so others have an option to the POS that Kioti put on there.

/ thread size
I got the knobs today and tried them. The 10 mm is the right diameter. but the threads on the lever are fine-pitched. The knob is coarse pitched. The solid knob was too small. So, I ended up putting the OEM POS back on.:mad: Before I did, I removed the bolt on the lever (not sure why its there to begin with). Then I filled the OEM knob with plastic epoxy and threaded it on there all the way to the end of the threads. This is about half an inch further than what it would go to with the nut on there. Hopefully this extra depth coupled with the epoxy will keep it in place. I have learned to not horse it, but rather to pick up the front end with the loader before switching to/from 2WD/4WD. This makes actuation possible with much less force. Why Kioti didn't make this stronger baffles me.

...and dealers: thanks for the help!

/ thread size #4  
I know that when I was looking to replace some of the grease zerks, the threads were different. I seem to remember a thread size of 1.0 vs 1.5. It was much finer than any of the zerks I could buy off the shelf (TSC, Lowes, etc). It sucks!!