Kioti VIN Numbers

/ Kioti VIN Numbers #1  

cfender

Can any of you kioti folks out there tell me how to determine date of manufacture or the model year on a kioti VIN number.

/ Kioti VIN Numbers #2  
After the year 2000, the letter preceding the numbers are the year of manufacture; A/2001, B/2002, C/2003, D/2004, etc, etc.

/ Kioti VIN Numbers #4  
After the year 2000, the letter preceding the numbers are the year of manufacture; A/2001, B/2002, C/2003, D/2004, etc, etc.

Sorry, not exactly. The change to the letter system started in 2004. So serial numbers 1,2, and 3 are still used for early 2000's. 2004 is a D. If you have a 3 serail number, it's a 2003.

/ Kioti VIN Numbers #5  
According to the Kioti workshop manual and Kioti, recent mfg years correspond to the letters of the alphabet. 2011 tractor serial numbers should begin with the letter (K) and some do. However, mine starts with an (L). So then does that make my tractor a 2012 model. No, according to the Kioti representative. He said the letter corresponds to the year manufactured. There are no model years as you see in cars and trucks.

Still then, my tractor should have been manufactured in 2012 even though my butt has been polishing the seat since October 2011.

This is just another one of those Kioti conundrums that you will get used too, mabe!

Last edited:
   / Kioti VIN Numbers #6  
I'm looking at a Kioti tractor for sale listed as a 2014 DK40SE by the 2nd owner, serial number is NT6400002, it does not have Tier 4 re-gen so it made me ask when it was built to be called that "year model" and not have the newer emissions stuff?
The post above by Michigan Iron is confusing. No doubt they/he know but it seems to say the same thing as previous posts? D is the 4th letter of the alphabet either way huh?
When was the tractor I'm looking at built? "N" counts off as a 2013 build date? or if I skip "I" it's built after that in 2014 and should have the re-gen which it does not.