DK 45se cab stereo

/ DK 45se cab stereo #1  

Markioti

Tractor
Kioti DK45CHST
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded the speakers in the DK cab? I wonder if maybe 6" speakers are possible without too much trouble. The stock speakers seem quite inadequate when the engine is running.

/ DK 45se cab stereo #2  
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded the speakers in the DK cab? I wonder if maybe 6" speakers are possible without too much trouble. The stock speakers seem quite inadequate when the engine is running.

Don't have a cab but if I did would probably look at head phones. :)

/ DK 45se cab stereo #3  
I can't help you since I still have the original speakers, but I'm curious to see what you find out because the speakers are as you described them......insufficient.

/ DK 45se cab stereo #4  
well, i personally dont mind the stock ones i have. I dont want to run them blasting so as to hear it over the reved tractor engine. I just like some background music. I can hear the sounds just great.

You can prob replace them with a better grade of 4" speaker with 2 or 3 range built in, but the tractor noise would pretty much destroy the sound i would think.

/ DK 45se cab stereo #5  
well, i personally dont mind the stock ones i have. I dont want to run them blasting so as to hear it over the reved tractor engine. I just like some background music. I can hear the sounds just great.

You can prob replace them with a better grade of speaker with 2 or 3 range built in, but the tractor noise would pretty much destroy the sound i would think.

/ DK 45se cab stereo #6  
I thought about upgrading the stereo, but the amount of hassle put that way low on the project list. I have some good headphones for my iPhone.

/ DK 45se cab stereo
Thanks for the response. There is no headphone jack on the stereo so I'll do some checking and post anything I come up with as far as a speaker upgrade is concerned.

/ DK 45se cab stereo #8  
Thanks for the response. There is no headphone jack on the stereo so I'll do some checking and post anything I come up with as far as a speaker upgrade is concerned.

I been in stereos for awhile and installed my own in tractor,I dont believe you need to go up in size but go up in quality of sound equipment. A good name brand of speakers of same size will make a world of difference,but also how many watts your radio puts out to push the speakers matters also. Im not saying high dollar highends componets,but just run down to Wal-Mart get a sony/pioneer head-unit($100) and some 2way or 3way brand name speakers($60/80) or just start with speakers. Will say it only going to sound as good as your weakest link...

As for replacing Radio,the wires are already there its just matching the colors and crimp cple buttsplices. You only have your main 3 wires(power,remote,ground),then the rest just speaker wirers.Just remember pull fuse before you start,lol!!!

Last edited:
   / DK 45se cab stereo #9  
you do realize that there is an Ipod jack on the newer DK cab units... It located onder the right hand cup holder .. for some reason

/ DK 45se cab stereo #10  
I'd try Crutchfield, as but one example, for speakers/and or head units for your cab. There is something to be said for not blasting things too loud and not being able to hear when you might run over something, like a neighborhood cat or kid or what have you.:)
I-pod and headphones sounds like a good idea, though unless its integrated to your system it becomes a stand alone source.
Let us know what you find/decide to do.