Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45CHST

Default DK 45se cab stereo

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded the speakers in the DK cab? I wonder if maybe 6" speakers are possible without too much trouble. The stock speakers seem quite inadequate when the engine is running.

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Default Re: DK 45se cab stereo

Quote Originally Posted by Markioti View Post
    Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded the speakers in the DK cab? I wonder if maybe 6" speakers are possible without too much trouble. The stock speakers seem quite inadequate when the engine is running.
    Don't have a cab but if I did would probably look at head phones.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    DK45Se HST

I can't help you since I still have the original speakers, but I'm curious to see what you find out because the speakers are as you described them......insufficient.
    DK45SE HST w/Cab, FEL, KB2485 BH, Markham 60" Grapple, 6' Disk, Woods Finish Mower, 6' box blade, 13Kw PTO Generator

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

well, i personally dont mind the stock ones i have. I dont want to run them blasting so as to hear it over the reved tractor engine. I just like some background music. I can hear the sounds just great.

You can prob replace them with a better grade of 4" speaker with 2 or 3 range built in, but the tractor noise would pretty much destroy the sound i would think.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

well, i personally dont mind the stock ones i have. I dont want to run them blasting so as to hear it over the reved tractor engine. I just like some background music. I can hear the sounds just great.

You can prob replace them with a better grade of speaker with 2 or 3 range built in, but the tractor noise would pretty much destroy the sound i would think.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)

Tractor
    Kioti DK45C 2005

I thought about upgrading the stereo, but the amount of hassle put that way low on the project list. I have some good headphones for my iPhone.
    Practicing the ancient oriental art of ren-ching.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45CHST

Thanks for the response. There is no headphone jack on the stereo so I'll do some checking and post anything I come up with as far as a speaker upgrade is concerned.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Quote Originally Posted by Markioti View Post
    Thanks for the response. There is no headphone jack on the stereo so I'll do some checking and post anything I come up with as far as a speaker upgrade is concerned.
    I been in stereos for awhile and installed my own in tractor,I dont believe you need to go up in size but go up in quality of sound equipment. A good name brand of speakers of same size will make a world of difference,but also how many watts your radio puts out to push the speakers matters also. Im not saying high dollar highends componets,but just run down to Wal-Mart get a sony/pioneer head-unit($100) and some 2way or 3way brand name speakers($60/80) or just start with speakers. Will say it only going to sound as good as your weakest link...

As for replacing Radio,the wires are already there its just matching the colors and crimp cple buttsplices. You only have your main 3 wires(power,remote,ground),then the rest just speaker wirers.Just remember pull fuse before you start,lol!!!
    Last edited by foreman Etexas; 02-01-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

you do realize that there is an Ipod jack on the newer DK cab units... It located onder the right hand cup holder .. for some reason
    currently own

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

I'd try Crutchfield, as but one example, for speakers/and or head units for your cab. There is something to be said for not blasting things too loud and not being able to hear when you might run over something, like a neighborhood cat or kid or what have you.
    I-pod and headphones sounds like a good idea, though unless its integrated to your system it becomes a stand alone source.
    Let us know what you find/decide to do.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast