Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down?

/ Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down? #1  

kio

Tractor
kioti lb1914 4wd
Tractor is bogging down when I head up hills. Im going to try changing the oil and filter first. What else could I change or check to find out why she is bogging down? This tractor I have I got for free and Im trying to fix it back up. the person before me didn't take care of it at all! The tractor also blows black smoke out of the oil run off hose and out the end of it were it turns into black smoke?
When started it blows out brown smoke to as well! I know it does not sound good? Please help... Thanks.

/ Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down? #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down? #4  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Kioti Owning/Operating Forum.

/ Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down? #5  
I'm not familiar with that model but I see it is a 3 cyl, 20 hp Diesel and a gear/clutch transmission. I'm not clear on exactly where this smoke is coming from but black smoke usually means partially-burned fuel, possibly from air starvation, possibly from poor fuel atomization by injectors.

New oil/filter is always a good move if there is any doubt. Recommend new fuel and air filters too unless you know they were changed recently. How about the fuel, is it fresh and clear and light in color? If not drain (or pump out) and put in fresh fuel. Assuming it starts right up, compression, valves, and glow plugs are probably OK for now. After the above, I'd check the injectors or maybe run a cleaner (like Seafoam or Diesel Purge) thru them.

Have you checked the simple things, like a dragging brake? This has a gear transmission (8x8 shuttle) so not much can go wrong there unless the clutch is slipping.

If you report your interim results, I'm others will have suggestions.

Last edited:
   / Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down? #6  
Welcome to TBN. Tell us how many hours on the tractor; what it was used for mostly by prior owner. Changing ALL filters is a great place to start your reconditioning of the machine. Fuel and air, as already mentioned are very important to be as clean as possible. How's she start once she's warm? Check the radiator for color and temp rating of the coolant too. Make sure there is no antifreeze evidence in the oil and no oil evidence in the antifreeze. Does she run in the temp gauge normal range when warmed up?

/ Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down?
I'm not familiar with that model but I see it is a 3 cyl, 20 hp Diesel and a gear/clutch transmission. I'm not clear on exactly where this smoke is coming from but black smoke usually means partially-burned fuel, possibly from air starvation, possibly from poor fuel atomization by injectors.

New oil/filter is always a good move if there is any doubt. Recommend new fuel and air filters too unless you know they were changed recently. How about the fuel, is it fresh and clear and light in color? If not drain (or pump out) and put in fresh fuel. Assuming it starts right up, compression, valves, and glow plugs are probably OK for now. After the above, I'd check the injectors or maybe run a cleaner (like Seafoam or Diesel Purge) thru them.

Have you checked the simple things, like a dragging brake? This has a gear transmission (8x8 shuttle) so not much can go wrong there unless the clutch is slipping.

If you report your interim results, I'm others will have suggestions.

Thanks for the info. yesterday I changed the dif oil and hydrloc, and it ran a little longer. I have ordered a fuel filter and the man down at the local tractor store said it is def the fuel filter? I hope so. I have also put some diesel fuel cleaner! Today Im going to change and clean the neg and positive conectors to the batter. Everytime I do something I get a little more time and power from my tractor! But I will check it out for the advice you gave me. Thank you VERY MUCH! have a good one...:thumbsup:

Welcome to TBN. Tell us how many hours on the tractor; what it was used for mostly by prior owner. Changing ALL filters is a great place to start your reconditioning of the machine. Fuel and air, as already mentioned are very important to be as clean as possible. How's she start once she's warm? Check the radiator for color and temp rating of the coolant too. Make sure there is no antifreeze evidence in the oil and no oil evidence in the antifreeze. Does she run in the temp gauge normal range when warmed up?

Thanks. Yes she starts great and runs great for about 45 min and then she just quits even if I floor it. I have cleansed the air filter with filter cleaner and I have a new oil filter and Im waiting on a fuel filter. The aunty freeze looks good and the oil show no reemits of any in oil or vis versa! Still troubled and bound to find out what the heck is going on? Thank you so much for your input! Have a good en.....

sorry 297 hours I believe. Thanks and it was used for digging wholes with an auger and mowing and just lifting stuff with a boom!

/ Kioti lb1914 tractor 4wd problems/smoke/bogging down? #10  
Unless it has a K&N air filter, you should never clean an air filter. I know many of us had done this before. But it's not the proper way. To properly check and air filter you should remove it from the housing and tap it on something. If you get dirt coming out of it replace it.
If you use air to clean it yes you will see dirt blowing off but ultimately you are just impacting dirt tighter to the fiber.

#1 replace filter with new
#2 replace fuel filter with new.

If the tractor sat for a while you may have algae growing in the tank. That will continue to plug up fuel filters until you get it flushed out of the system.
Unless you want to remove the tank and flush it. You can buy algae killer and just change out your fuel filter a couple times.
Algae is pron to growing in metal tanks allot faster than a plastic tank. Make sure if you tractor sits unused for weeks at a time you are putting in a anti-algae treatment.
Let me know if you need anymore filters...We are running a 10% off special on parts right now!