How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota?

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #31  
we sold the Cub Cadet. It was a disaster that continues to haunt us.

So is that to say the Cub Cadet had connections to Kioti/Daedong?
Please say more: I love a disaster!:D Was it them bursting into flames on the lot?! Parts that only fit backwards? What exactly are we talking about here?

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #32  
So is that to say the Cub Cadet had connections to Kioti/Daedong?
Please say more: I love a disaster!:D Was it them bursting into flames on the lot?! Parts that only fit backwards? What exactly are we talking about here?

Good question

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #33  
Good question

Thanks! Now if only a good answer would appear- then we'd be onto something!:confused2::thumbsup::D

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #34  
I own a Kioti and a Deere. Never owned a Kubota. But here's my experience with Kioti: On a brand new design that uses a lot of new parts, there have been some early design issues, like brittle injection pump parts and loader cross member cracking - general quality control of vendor supplied parts. However, Kioti has gone to great lengths to correct these issues for both current owners, and in redesigns. After those initial "growing pains", they are very reliable solid machines.

So, in potential futures purchases, Kioti would be on my list to evaluate. But, I would be more warey of a brand new design than I would one that was say 4 or 5 years since initial offering. My sense is that Kubota and John Deere have less of these growing pains on new designs. Some of it is probably experience or organizational differences. But, I suspect that the big boys are under less pressure to get products to the market because of the depth and breadth of the numbers and varieties of tractors they offer. This let's them do a longer more thorough flushing out of new designs before making them the available to the public.

All brands seem to have teething pains.
Kubota's are generally a quality machine, but I am surprised by the great number of parts they sell that have been superseded by a new part number, mostly due to a redesign, often because the original was not up to snuff.

I have no real problem with this, as Kubota seems to promptly correct problems and improve their product. However I would like to see some compensation policy be instituted for customers replacing a part that was redesigned that was less than robust originally.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #35  
we sold the Cub Cadet. It was a disaster that continues to haunt us.

That's because Kioti's don't like to wear yellow/white color schemes.

I have used and abused my DK40 for ten years now having only to replace a tachometer cable for $8.Maybe I'm just lucky but, that's been my Kioti experience....Mike.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #36  
That's because Kioti's don't like to wear yellow/white color schemes.

I have used and abused my DK40 for ten years now having only to replace a tachometer cable for $8.Maybe I'm just lucky but, that's been my Kioti experience....Mike.

2 years and 200 hours, and all I have done is normal maintenance
It does have that lazy hydro pedal, one of these days I will get around to btching to my dealer about it

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #37  
I don't think Kioti/Daedong has had any relationship w/ Cub. Cub has been Yanmar and Mitsubishi.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #38  
I apologize. I was summing it up. But you did not directly say "nicer"

Kioti is definatally going to be less expensive than a comparable kubota with similar features. It is just the way things work. Kioti is the "new" kid on the block. They havent been around long enough to make their name as well known. Kubota was in the same boat 15 years or so ago. They HAVE to be priced less than deere, CNH, kubota, et al. or they wouldnt sell many tractors.

That is not to take anything away. They are good tractors with MANY happy customers. But along with that, they will grow, and become as well known as kubota and deere. And then you will see them all priced in the same ballpark.

Its a lot longer than 15 years ago that Kubota was the "new kid on the block". It was the most established compact tractor 13 years ago when I bought mine.

I don't know about Kioti but I have two neighbors that had John Deere compact tractors and both them gave alot more trouble than mine. One of the neighbors traded his finally for a Kubota.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #39  
I just love my Yellow DK40 from Cub Cadet. I make a living with my tractors, its got 2100hours of all bush hog work and have never changed anything other than filters and batteries since 2004. i doesnt use oil even after a full year of bush hogging.

Attachments

• 100_2132.jpg
    100_2132.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 274
   / How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #40  
I don't think Kioti/Daedong has had any relationship w/ Cub. Cub has been Yanmar and Mitsubishi.

Yea they did. Cub has used several contact shops to build them tractors at one time or another. Daedong, Mahindra, Yanmar...