How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota?

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #1  

CPM

Bronze Member
Tractor
Looking
Hi All

Am considering a Kioti (after almost going with a Kabota) and asked a related question in another thread. One member said I should compare reliability with Kioti and Kabota.

Anyone had any experience with both or a general knowledge of their comparative reliability?

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #2  
I've owned both.

L3710 HST Kubota, 11 years, 1000 hours no complaints

DS 4110 HS Kioti, 6 months, 170 hours no complaints

There is a definite difference in the response of the tractors. I would have to give the nod to the Kioti at this point. Lift capacity, traction and overall feel is better. The ROPS are higher than they need to be and the tractor runs louder.

The two tractors are different enough that a direct comparison would be difficult.

Kubota/Kioti, it is more a question of what you are using it for and getting use to the tractor.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #3  
I have a kioti and have zero complaints, as has been stated the use will be the deciding factor. The kioti is a heavy tractor, I avoid driving on the lawn because it does sink in. If I were using it to mow the lawn I would pick the lighter built tractors like John Deere or Kabota

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #4  
I own a Kioti and a Deere. Never owned a Kubota. But here's my experience with Kioti: On a brand new design that uses a lot of new parts, there have been some early design issues, like brittle injection pump parts and loader cross member cracking - general quality control of vendor supplied parts. However, Kioti has gone to great lengths to correct these issues for both current owners, and in redesigns. After those initial "growing pains", they are very reliable solid machines.

So, in potential futures purchases, Kioti would be on my list to evaluate. But, I would be more warey of a brand new design than I would one that was say 4 or 5 years since initial offering. My sense is that Kubota and John Deere have less of these growing pains on new designs. Some of it is probably experience or organizational differences. But, I suspect that the big boys are under less pressure to get products to the market because of the depth and breadth of the numbers and varieties of tractors they offer. This let's them do a longer more thorough flushing out of new designs before making them the available to the public.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #5  
I've owned both.

L3710 HST Kubota, 11 years, 1000 hours no complaints

DS 4110 HS Kioti, 6 months, 170 hours no complaints

There is a definite difference in the response of the tractors. I would have to give the nod to the Kioti at this point. Lift capacity, traction and overall feel is better. The ROPS are higher than they need to be and the tractor runs louder.

Not really a fair comparison. An 11 year old kubota to a new kioti. Of course the kioti is going to be nicer:thumbsup: Kubota has came a long way in 10 years. They all have for that matter.

As far as comparing reliability, IMO, Kioti, Kubota, deere, CNH, MF, Mahindra, et al, if anyone says one is more reliable than the other (as a brand in whole) is full of chit:D

Fact is, they are ALL reliable with prober use and care (maintenance). And aint none of them going to be reliable if abused and neglected.

Now there are certain models of certain brands that have their quarks. So if you can be MODEL specific, I am sure you will get much better advise. But just brands in general, there is no answer as to which is most reliable as a whole.

And all the brands mentioned are good. BUT, as with everything, they will eventually wear out parts and break down. So the key isnt so much shopping brands, but shop the dealers in your area. YOU NEED A GOOD SUPPORTIVE DEALER. If you buy Brand A to save a few bucks but the dealer stinks, is that really worth not buying Brand B to get a good dealer/support.

Either way you go, they (kUbota or Kioti) they are both good machines. Kioti used to be a LOT less $$$ for a comparable tractor. But as their reputation and sales builds up, so does the price. In the last few years, I think the gap between kioti and the likes of Kubota, deere, CNH, has decreased a good bit. When Kubotas first came around, they were like kioti....Great tractor, just breaking into the market, and priced accordingly. (a good bit cheaper than deere, CNH, etc). And now that they have made there SOLID name, they are priced very similar.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #6  
I never owned a Kubota.
But I have owned my Kioti DK 35 for 10 or 11 years now.
I sure have been pleased with it. It has been very solid, reliable.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #7  
I have had two Kioti CK-20 tractors over the last five years. No complaints.

My father has a 17hp Kubota for 20 years. No real complaints, just the usual wear and tear.

Compared to similar Kubodas I have rented, I find my CK-20 to have more power, better hydraulics, and better lifting power in the bucket. That might have changed in the last 5 years.

Using my Father's Kubota for snowplowing, I definitely need to wear ear protection. Using my Kioti, I do not.

Good luck,

Jon

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #9  
Not really a fair comparison. An 11 year old kubota to a new kioti. Of course the kioti is going to be nicer

I stated that "the two tractors are different enough that a direct comparison would be difficult"
I did not say the Kioti was nicer.

The decision to sell the Kubota and replace it with the Kioti was based on a number of factors surrounding the purchase of my Metavic log loader.
My L 3710 was a good tractor.

Having used the Kioti in the same manner and conditions that I used the Kubota and having used the Kioti with my log loader I think the Kioti is the better tractor for my purposes. Replacing the Kubota, although reluctantly, was the right decision.

There are features from the Kubota that I appreciated and it was in mint condition. The fact that it was 11 years old has no bearing on my "subjective" assessment that the Kioti is the better tractor.

More important to any decision to buy a tractor, regardless of make, is what are you going to use it for? Both are very reliable and for me that brings it down to money.

My closest Kubota dealer is 3 hours away. My closest Kioti dealer is 4 hours away. The dealer I bought from is 13 hours away. We do not buy things because we expect them to be in the shop for repairs. If they are, get rid of them.

/ How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota? #10  
I did not say the Kioti was nicer.

I apologize. I was summing it up. But you did not directly say "nicer"

I've owned both.

Kioti is definatally going to be less expensive than a comparable kubota with similar features. It is just the way things work. Kioti is the "new" kid on the block. They havent been around long enough to make their name as well known. Kubota was in the same boat 15 years or so ago. They HAVE to be priced less than deere, CNH, kubota, et al. or they wouldnt sell many tractors.

That is not to take anything away. They are good tractors with MANY happy customers. But along with that, they will grow, and become as well known as kubota and deere. And then you will see them all priced in the same ballpark.