Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Looking

Default How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota?

Hi All

Am considering a Kioti (after almost going with a Kabota) and asked a related question in another thread. One member said I should compare reliability with Kioti and Kabota.

Anyone had any experience with both or a general knowledge of their comparative reliability?

Tractor
    Kioti DS4110HS

Default Re: How reliable is Kioti e.g. compared with Kabota?

I've owned both.

L3710 HST kubota, 11 years, 1000 hours no complaints

DS 4110 HS Kioti, 6 months, 170 hours no complaints

There is a definite difference in the response of the tractors. I would have to give the nod to the Kioti at this point. Lift capacity, traction and overall feel is better. The ROPS are higher than they need to be and the tractor runs louder.

The two tractors are different enough that a direct comparison would be difficult.

Kubota/Kioti, it is more a question of what you are using it for and getting use to the tractor.
    Kioti DS 4110 HS Tractor, Patu Chipper,
    Log Splitter, Wallenstein FX 90 Winch,
    Metavic 1150 Log Wagon

Poor People Can't Afford to Buy Cheap.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    kioti ck30

I have a kioti and have zero complaints, as has been stated the use will be the deciding factor. The kioti is a heavy tractor, I avoid driving on the lawn because it does sink in. If I were using it to mow the lawn I would pick the lighter built tractors like John deere or Kabota

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

I own a Kioti and a Deere. Never owned a kubota. But here's my experience with Kioti: On a brand new design that uses a lot of new parts, there have been some early design issues, like brittle injection pump parts and loader cross member cracking - general quality control of vendor supplied parts. However, Kioti has gone to great lengths to correct these issues for both current owners, and in redesigns. After those initial "growing pains", they are very reliable solid machines.

So, in potential futures purchases, Kioti would be on my list to evaluate. But, I would be more warey of a brand new design than I would one that was say 4 or 5 years since initial offering. My sense is that Kubota and John Deere have less of these growing pains on new designs. Some of it is probably experience or organizational differences. But, I suspect that the big boys are under less pressure to get products to the market because of the depth and breadth of the numbers and varieties of tractors they offer. This let's them do a longer more thorough flushing out of new designs before making them the available to the public.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Quote Originally Posted by Singlemalt View Post
    I've owned both.

L3710 HST kubota, 11 years, 1000 hours no complaints

DS 4110 HS Kioti, 6 months, 170 hours no complaints

There is a definite difference in the response of the tractors. I would have to give the nod to the Kioti at this point. Lift capacity, traction and overall feel is better. The ROPS are higher than they need to be and the tractor runs louder.
    Not really a fair comparison. An 11 year old kubota to a new kioti. Of course the kioti is going to be nicer Kubota has came a long way in 10 years. They all have for that matter.

As far as comparing reliability, IMO, Kioti, Kubota, deere, CNH, MF, Mahindra, et al, if anyone says one is more reliable than the other (as a brand in whole) is full of chit

Fact is, they are ALL reliable with prober use and care (maintenance). And aint none of them going to be reliable if abused and neglected.

Now there are certain models of certain brands that have their quarks. So if you can be MODEL specific, I am sure you will get much better advise. But just brands in general, there is no answer as to which is most reliable as a whole.

And all the brands mentioned are good. BUT, as with everything, they will eventually wear out parts and break down. So the key isnt so much shopping brands, but shop the dealers in your area. YOU NEED A GOOD SUPPORTIVE DEALER. If you buy Brand A to save a few bucks but the dealer stinks, is that really worth not buying Brand B to get a good dealer/support.

Either way you go, they (kUbota or Kioti) they are both good machines. Kioti used to be a LOT less $$$ for a comparable tractor. But as their reputation and sales builds up, so does the price. In the last few years, I think the gap between kioti and the likes of Kubota, deere, CNH, has decreased a good bit. When Kubotas first came around, they were like kioti....Great tractor, just breaking into the market, and priced accordingly. (a good bit cheaper than deere, CNH, etc). And now that they have made there SOLID name, they are priced very similar.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

I never owned a kubota.
    But I have owned my Kioti DK 35 for 10 or 11 years now.
    I sure have been pleased with it. It has been very solid, reliable.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Tractor
    CK-20S HST

I have had two Kioti CK-20 tractors over the last five years. No complaints.

My father has a 17hp kubota for 20 years. No real complaints, just the usual wear and tear.

Compared to similar Kubodas I have rented, I find my CK-20 to have more power, better hydraulics, and better lifting power in the bucket. That might have changed in the last 5 years.

Using my Father's Kubota for snowplowing, I definitely need to wear ear protection. Using my Kioti, I do not.

Good luck,

Jon
    Kioti CK-20S HST, KL-120P FEL, KB-2465 backhoe, 72" snowblade, pallet forks, Agrotrend 54" snowblower, 60" box blade, a barn to put it all in and a trailer to carry it all.

Tractor
    Wheel Horse 522xi

Quote Originally Posted by JonKioti View Post
    Using my Father's kubota for snowplowing, I definitely need to wear ear protection. Using my Kioti, I do not.
    Maybe not, but unless you have a cab, you should!
    2009 KIOTI DK 45 SE HST, MID West Box Blade 20-72, 5 foot Bush hog rotary mower, 76" Meteor Snowblower

Tractor
    Kioti DS4110HS

[QUOTE=LD1;2736081]Not really a fair comparison. An 11 year old kubota to a new kioti. Of course the kioti is going to be nicer

I stated that "the two tractors are different enough that a direct comparison would be difficult"
    I did not say the Kioti was nicer.

The decision to sell the Kubota and replace it with the Kioti was based on a number of factors surrounding the purchase of my Metavic log loader.
    My L 3710 was a good tractor.

Having used the Kioti in the same manner and conditions that I used the Kubota and having used the Kioti with my log loader I think the Kioti is the better tractor for my purposes. Replacing the Kubota, although reluctantly, was the right decision.

There are features from the Kubota that I appreciated and it was in mint condition. The fact that it was 11 years old has no bearing on my "subjective" assessment that the Kioti is the better tractor.

More important to any decision to buy a tractor, regardless of make, is what are you going to use it for? Both are very reliable and for me that brings it down to money.

My closest Kubota dealer is 3 hours away. My closest Kioti dealer is 4 hours away. The dealer I bought from is 13 hours away. We do not buy things because we expect them to be in the shop for repairs. If they are, get rid of them.
    Kioti DS 4110 HS Tractor, Patu Chipper,
    Log Splitter, Wallenstein FX 90 Winch,
    Metavic 1150 Log Wagon

Poor People Can't Afford to Buy Cheap.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

[quote=Singlemalt;2736716]
    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    I did not say the Kioti was nicer.

I apologize. I was summing it up. But you did not directly say "nicer"

Quote Originally Posted by Singlemalt View Post
    I've owned both.

Kioti is definatally going to be less expensive than a comparable kubota with similar features. It is just the way things work. Kioti is the "new" kid on the block. They havent been around long enough to make their name as well known. Kubota was in the same boat 15 years or so ago. They HAVE to be priced less than deere, CNH, kubota, et al. or they wouldnt sell many tractors.

That is not to take anything away. They are good tractors with MANY happy customers. But along with that, they will grow, and become as well known as kubota and deere. And then you will see them all priced in the same ballpark.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540