Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    Yeah, I get what will need to be done. I don't have welding equip any more.
    I haven't followed this closely but if you have the plate marked exactly to fit your machine, I can weld it for you for the cost of return postage. Of course you could also go grab a cheap welder from HF or find a buddy to help. If you are making the same one Murph did it is about five minutes of welding. Key is to mock it up and make sure the angle is correct. Murph's machine was different than the one we took the pattern from.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    CK30HST

Default Re: Skid plate

I admire all this fabrication, but I can't do it!

But I was pleased how the Woods BH80 backhoe mount extends up to the front of the tractor and provides a modest amount of protection from certain directions to lots of things including the filter area.

Mike

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    I haven't followed this closely but if you have the plate marked exactly to fit your machine, I can weld it for you for the cost of return postage. Of course you could also go grab a cheap welder from HF or find a buddy to help. If you are making the same one Murph did it is about five minutes of welding. Key is to mock it up and make sure the angle is correct. Murph's machine was different than the one we took the pattern from.
    IT, thanks for the offer! I will get it done locally when I have time to fit it and figure out where the bracket needs to go.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

I'd have never figured you and Murph had welding deficiencies I'm in now way an expert and it's overwhelming how much there is to learn to be a serious welder, but buying a MIG welder and gluing a couple pieces of mild steel together is simple and rewarding. I took a welding course at the local college, but at the time, I didn't even know what I signed up for and it was an oxy acetylene course, but it was still very useful. I learned to MIG weld by watching a video series, something you can probably get for free on youtube now.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I'd have never figured you and Murph had welding deficiencies I'm in now way an expert and it's overwhelming how much there is to learn to be a serious welder, but buying a MIG welder and gluing a couple pieces of mild steel together is simple and rewarding. I took a welding course at the local college, but at the time, I didn't even know what I signed up for and it was an oxy acetylene course, but it was still very useful. I learned to MIG weld by watching a video series, something you can probably get for free on youtube now.
    No deficiencies here, can't speak for Murph, (He He ), I just don't have any welding tools nor a desire to go and buy them again after having sold my shop equip in 1987.
    I have a guy just down the road who does any welding I need done, so when I need stuff done I turn it over to him.
    Would take a course, but then I'd feel like buying stuff which I don't have room for. (Self-taught oxy-acetelene use, mostly for cutting.....)
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn

Has anyone else made anymore skid plates? I hope I never need them but it would be money well spent.

Tractor

The skid plates were made for the DK series tractors. Handful of prototypes.....

kco
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

This link

http://payeur.com/en/tracteur/s%c3%a9rie-dk/

is to a Quebec company that produces Kioti modifications for logging.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by kco View Post
    This link

http://payeur.com/en/tracteur/s%c3%a9rie-dk/

is to a Quebec company that produces Kioti modifications for logging.
    Good way to add ballast down low too.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn

Ct, I have a dk40 now. Thanks for the link. I will regret not doing this.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast