Skid plate

/ Skid plate #121  
Yeah, I get what will need to be done. I don't have welding equip any more.

I haven't followed this closely but if you have the plate marked exactly to fit your machine, I can weld it for you for the cost of return postage. Of course you could also go grab a cheap welder from HF or find a buddy to help. If you are making the same one Murph did it is about five minutes of welding. Key is to mock it up and make sure the angle is correct. Murph's machine was different than the one we took the pattern from.

/ Skid plate #122  
I admire all this fabrication, but I can't do it!

But I was pleased how the Woods BH80 backhoe mount extends up to the front of the tractor and provides a modest amount of protection from certain directions to lots of things including the filter area.

Mike

/ Skid plate #123  
I haven't followed this closely but if you have the plate marked exactly to fit your machine, I can weld it for you for the cost of return postage. Of course you could also go grab a cheap welder from HF or find a buddy to help. If you are making the same one Murph did it is about five minutes of welding. Key is to mock it up and make sure the angle is correct. Murph's machine was different than the one we took the pattern from.

IT, thanks for the offer! I will get it done locally when I have time to fit it and figure out where the bracket needs to go.

/ Skid plate #124  
I'd have never figured you and Murph had welding deficiencies :) I'm in now way an expert and it's overwhelming how much there is to learn to be a serious welder, but buying a MIG welder and gluing a couple pieces of mild steel together is simple and rewarding. I took a welding course at the local college, but at the time, I didn't even know what I signed up for and it was an oxy acetylene course, but it was still very useful. I learned to MIG weld by watching a video series, something you can probably get for free on youtube now.

/ Skid plate #125  
I'd have never figured you and Murph had welding deficiencies :) I'm in now way an expert and it's overwhelming how much there is to learn to be a serious welder, but buying a MIG welder and gluing a couple pieces of mild steel together is simple and rewarding. I took a welding course at the local college, but at the time, I didn't even know what I signed up for and it was an oxy acetylene course, but it was still very useful. I learned to MIG weld by watching a video series, something you can probably get for free on youtube now.

No deficiencies here, can't speak for Murph, (He He :)), I just don't have any welding tools nor a desire to go and buy them again after having sold my shop equip in 1987.
I have a guy just down the road who does any welding I need done, so when I need stuff done I turn it over to him.
Would take a course, but then I'd feel like buying stuff which I don't have room for. (Self-taught oxy-acetelene use, mostly for cutting.....)

/ Skid plate #126  
Has anyone else made anymore skid plates? I hope I never need them but it would be money well spent.

/ Skid plate #127  
The skid plates were made for the DK series tractors. Handful of prototypes.....

/ Skid plate #130  
Ct, I have a dk40 now. Thanks for the link. I will regret not doing this.