Skid plate

/ Skid plate #131  
   / Skid plate #132  
I ripped of my Exhaust tube the first day!

Ouch! I though it was bad with my antenna! I think I may finally get to building my skid plates and canopy guard after 400 hours:eek: Don't want to rush into anything! CJ

/ Skid plate #133  
Ouch! I though it was bad with my antenna! I think I may finally get to building my skid plates and canopy guard after 400 hours:eek: Don't want to rush into anything! CJ

No you don't, Practice practice practice they say

/ Skid plate #134  
The posts here seem to be about skid plates for DK models. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas for a skid plate for the CK30 or other CK models?

/ Skid plate #135  
The posts here seem to be about skid plates for DK models. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas for a skid plate for the CK30 or other CK models?

What are your intended uses and concerns that make you interested in adding a skid plate to a CK30? I don't recall anyone having issues or using that tractor in a logging business. Skid plates are not needed for routine tractor work. If you work in the woods with lots of stumps around then perhaps it would be a good idea.

/ Skid plate #136  
I thought I had posted a bunch of pictures of my armor in the gallery, but I can't
find the gallery anymore.

Photobucket shut down their linking unless you pay $400 bucks a year, but you probably already know that.

/ Skid plate #137  
What are your intended uses and concerns that make you interested in adding a skid plate to a CK30? I don't recall anyone having issues or using that tractor in a logging business. Skid plates are not needed for routine tractor work. If you work in the woods with lots of stumps around then perhaps it would be a good idea.
Last fall the hydraulic filter was punctured while cutting some trails with the bush hog in some grown over brush in a cut over, and I suspect it may have been caused by a broken tree branch, Around 3 weeks ago the hydraulic filter was damaged again while bush hogging some roads I suspect by either a rock or piece of gravel being hit by the bush hog blade and being launched into the filter puncturing it. There are also stumps in the cut over areas being bush hogged, and I think their is a great chance of future damage with no skid plate.

/ Skid plate #138  

Most of the property in which I purchased my tractor for is wooded, and I would definitely be interested in skid plates for my CK4010. I'm having dozer work done, but I still have a lot of trails that I need to create and trees to remove, etc. Would love for someone to have these already made up to bolt on, as I don't weld, or do metal fabrication.

/ Skid plate #139  
Not sure what happened to my earlier reply but here is the jist: There are no standard protective plates. It's all one off custom. The good news is that an effective protective plate can be fabricated from 10 gauge or 1/4" plate with just a few tools. Crawl under the tractor to find any predrilled holes or empty tapped threaded holes on the tranny or engine block. Look to see what other hard points you might utilize to secure a plate that covers vulnerable filters, control rods or electric lines. Get some cardboard and fashion a template. Get some plate and use a press and cutting tool or just have a local metal shop do the bending and cutting for you. Attach to tractor. You can avoid welding with tabs and bolts. If you don't have access to a press brake avoid need to bend 1/4" by making 2-3 "spooning" plates out of 16 gauge and bolt them together or get creative with plate, angle iron and bolts. Lots of fairly simple if inelegant ways to provide added protection.

/ Skid plate #140  
IMG_2645.JPG