IMG_2646.JPG

/ Skid plate #152  
IMG_3374.JPG

/ Skid plate #154  
IMG_3373.JPG

/ Skid plate #155  
IMG_3373.JPGIMG_2648.JPG

/ Skid plate #156  
You can see that the back endhas the pipe as a cross member. This fits into the end of the tractor, which has a receiver that except the round crossmember on the plate. I lift up then, on the wing of the skid plate until the notch and holes line up with similar on the tractor itself. Then I put a pin in. I think put the other in the opposite side. Then I lift up on the hinged portion and put in 2 3/8 bolts.

/ Skid plate #157  
In the above picture of the full skid plate, I don't have the hinged portion made. I just zipped about 17 inches off the front end of the plate, and then reconnected it to the whole plate in the same place with a hinge. I then took to 2" by 10" x 1/8 flatbar and welded it on edge on the top of the hinged portion. When I tip up on the hinged portion while its on the tractor, the flatbar lines up with the two plates I have permanently installed on the tractor. It fits snug together and the holes match for the 3/8 nuts and bolts. So basically a large plate just hanging underneat tractor, with a piece hinged upward toward the front bump, held in place with two small nuts/bolts.

/ Skid plate #158  
In the above picture of the full skid plate, I don't have the hinged portion made. I just zipped about 17 inches off the front end of the plate, and then reconnected it to the whole plate in the same place with a hinge. I then took to 2" by 10" x 1/8 flatbar and welded it on edge on the top of the hinged portion. When I tip up on the hinged portion while its on the tractor, the flatbar lines up with the two plates I have permanently installed on the tractor. It fits snug together and the holes match for the 3/8 nuts and bolts. So basically a large plate just hanging underneat tractor, with a piece hinged upward toward the front bump, held in place with two small nuts/bolts.

Hey VroomVroom, very nice setup. Now if I only had welding skills and a welder! I do have a nephew who is pretty much a master welder and runs his own rig on the pipelines so I may have to hit him up for a favor.
I really appreciate the detailed write up and the pics,thank you. This helps a lot