Skid plate

/ Skid plate #1  

RosseauK

Tractor
KiotiDK40se
Has anyone built their own skid plate or is there one you can buy for the dk 40. It seem where all the hydraulics connect is susceptible to roots branches, etc...tearing them off or damage of some sort.

/ Skid plate #2  
Not yet, but it's on the list for this year.

Here's my plan: Get a big box, like refrigerator sized. Crawl under the tractor and take measurements, then transfer them to the cardboard and cut it to size. Use tape to hang the pattern from points on the frame where you are going to need attachment tabs. Once it is all in place, mark the locations of the tabs. Then take the cardboard and have a metal shop use it as a template to cut out the pan from a sheet of 4x8 steel. Then weld on the pre drilled tabs, bolt it on and go.

A sheet of steel here is around $100, so even if you paid labor of another $100, that's cheap insurance. My rad fan was $25 and a few hrs of frustration after a stick decided to de-blade it. My engine side shield got knocked off one day and pretzled, but I saved it buy bending it back into shape. Others have ripped off their filters and or mounts which are around a hundred bucks ea.

/ Skid plate #3  
Has anyone built their own skid plate or is there one you can buy for the dk 40. It seem where all the hydraulics connect is susceptible to roots branches, etc...tearing them off or damage of some sort.

Check with MichiganIron. He does make and sell custom add-ons for Kiotis.

/ Skid plate #5  
Ranch, you do nice work:thumbsup: But I think you stole my cardboard pattern idea....shoulda got a patent on it:laughing:

/ Skid plate #6  
I need one for our MF 1533

Limb ripped off the hyd. filter and broke the stem it screwed onto... $600 later, we were up and running again :/

/ Skid plate #8  
Ranch, you do nice work:thumbsup: But I think you stole my cardboard pattern idea....shoulda got a patent on it:laughing:

LOL... I hear ya. I got that card board education growing up in my Dad's tractor shop. Cardboard is a good thing when you are making the first one .... of anything. It usually takes longer to scratch/figure/measure/spit and draw out the cardboard templet than it does to plasma out the plate/pieces/supports etc.

Adding under carriage protection is needed on some ....... tractors need to be set up for there intended purpose. Seems like in the last 10 years or so MFD's are building them like it will never leave a grass field?. I remember in my Dad's shop he/we put protection on a few different makes where corn stalks were breaking stuff....... & logging/farm tractors.

/ Skid plate #9  
I would be all over doing this!
I love to fabricate!
Copy of dk65 build 011.jpg

Copy of ck20 engine failure 004.jpg

If I was so busy doing this!
DSC06196.jpg

Last edited:
   / Skid plate
Haha those are good roll cages. Do you log with it?? Where do you guys attach the plate and do you leave holes for the oil plugs.