Oil & Fuel Changing Hydraulic Oil Filter on DK65

/ Changing Hydraulic Oil Filter on DK65 #1  

Gringo_Viejo

Tractor
JD4300, Kioti DK65S
I noticed hydraulic fluid on the ground beneath the Hydraulic Oil Filters on my DK65. Must I drain the entire 15 gallons in the transmission to change the filters?

/ Changing Hydraulic Oil Filter on DK65 #2  
No you don't ... but be prepared with a clean bucket so you can reuse the fluid ... it comes out FAST once the filter comes off!

/ Changing Hydraulic Oil Filter on DK65
How much will come out when the filter is removed? i.e. How big should the bucket be?

Thanks.

/ Changing Hydraulic Oil Filter on DK65 #4  
What is your thinking as to why there is fluid beneath both filters?
Just changing the filters won't solve a hydraulic leak(s).
What do you believe to be the cause of the leak(s). Is it possible a hydraulic line or fitting is leaking/ ruptured?

Hydraulic filters are not cheap, before you go changing them make sure you know- if possible, where the leak is coming from...

Rather than try to reuse fluid which has drained out I'd just catch the fluid in a large oil drain pan and then refill the trans based on what drained out. And make sure to check it again after filling it to make sure its up to the mark on the stick. If you're quick about getting each filter back on you should not loose any significant amount of fluid just changing filters. It's when you drain the fluid from the drain plugs that it is near impossible to stop the flow or reinsert the drain plug - but according to what I understood that is NOT what you are trying to do.
Post back what your thinking is as to location of leak(s) before proceeding further.

/ Changing Hydraulic Oil Filter on DK65 #5  
I noticed hydraulic fluid on the ground beneath the Hydraulic Oil Filters on my DK65. Must I drain the entire 15 gallons in the transmission to change the filters?

I bet one or both of your filters are a little loose causing a leak. Lay on your back and reach up there and see if you can tighten them by hand.

I cut a plastic 55 gallon drum down to about 16" tall and it works perfect for catching all 15 gallons.