Kioti CK25 Won't Start ?

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #1  

Saxcrazy

Tractor
Kioti ck25
I have a 2008 ck25 with just over 200 hrs and have had no issues with it until yesterday. I had been running it on and off all day and then went to start it again to move some dirt and the motor would crank over fine but would not fire off. Glow plug indicator comes on like normal but eh engine just won't fire off. Need some advice!! Is this a common problem with Kioti? What should I look for? The solenoid on the injector pump is working as I can hear and feel it click when you turn the key to the on position. I have never replaced the fuel filter yet so I'm hoping maybe it's just a simple fix, such as the filter.

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #2  
Yeah, check the simple stuff first. Got fuel in tank? Check fuel filter for sure.

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #3  
Smoke out of exhaust pipe when cranking?

Do you know if you have fuel being pumped through lift pump?

Lastly, It probably is not under warranty, but take to your dealer and have them check injection pump. Could probably answer question if you post serial number - first 5 of tractor is what I need.

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #4  
Do check the easy stuff first but I suspect something more serious. Maybe the fuel shutoff solenoid is stuck (relatively easy fix) but maybe gear/rack failure in the injection pump. I believe some CK30s had this problem and it occurred when the shutoff solenoid jerked the rack to the full off position. At least that's what I recall reading here on TBN. The IP is pricey but you should be able to get Kioti to fix (assuming that's the problem) because it's a known material/design defect.

You can probably check this theory by removing an injector, reconnecting it to the feed line, and see if it sprays anything when you crank the engine. Don't let any spray hit your skin!

Here's photos of one that failed:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/225273-injector-pump-failure.html

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ?
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it VERY much. Here is the first 5 of the serial number E70200. haven't checked the filter or flow from the pickup pump, I'll do some troubleshooting tomorrow when I have some free time. No smoke on cranking so I assume no fuel getting to the cylinders. Hopefully it's just a clogged filter. I'm ashamed to say that it hasn't been cleaned in a while and is way over due. Also, being that you asked for the s/n, is there a range of CK25's with bad injector pumps? Did Kioti fix the issues? Again, thank you for your help, much appreciated. Mike

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #6  
Most IP failures I've read about (and mine), behaved a bit erratically before actually failing outright. Mine failed wide opened.

You said you'd been working the tractor just before the failure. Is there chance something caught a connector underneath? This has happened to guys before.

Looking for fuel into the IP would my first step. You can clean the fuel filter in a pinch and retry after bleeding.

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #7  
Simple things:

Ensure the lift pump moves fuel when cranking (looks easy to disconnect from the banjo fitting on the IP). Even better also check the static pressure if you have a gauge.

Ensure you have voltage at the glow plugs (any plug will do) during glow AND while cranking.

I think I'd check the engine stop solenoid next. Maybe someone familiar with CK25 can comment how. There are a couple versions and (at least) one lets you see if the solenoid moves the stop lever. You may be able to "feel" if the IP rack moves smoothly via the manual lever but if it's jammed "full off" you shouldn't feel any resistance.

I should also mention that any air leak into the fuel feed (upstream of the IP) will prevent the engine from running and such leaks are hard to see (easy to see fuel on outside, not easy see air leaking into line).

Previously discussed test to see if anything sprays from injector, I'd do that after checking the easier things above.

If you still suspect the IP (and you have a reasonable dealer) I think I'd contact the dealer. This is an expensive part and you don't want your dealer/Kioti to think you screwed it up, just in case Kioti might pick up the tab.

Please let us know what you discover.

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #8  
Sax-

Serial number - yes it is in the series of pump issues.

Double check shut off solenoid is working properly.

However, Pretty sure it is a fuel issue. Once you determine you have fuel at lift pump, then at injection pump, disconnect a line(preferably #1) @ injector. No fuel - bad injection pump.

Sorry - call me if you want more info.

Tony 804.798.5887

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #9  
By the letter in the serial number, isn't that a 2005 manufacture year? I know it's not like buying a car or truck but I guess he bought it in 2008 as he posted the year.

/ Kioti CK25 Won't Start ? #10  
VictorW said:
By the letter in the serial number, isn't that a 2005 manufacture year? I know it's not like buying a car or truck but I guess he bought it in 2008 as he posted the year.

I believe you are correct on the E. Hmm, could it have been a demo? Could it have come from another dealer at a special price?

Doesnt matter - still had pump issues then.