Kioti Paint

/ Kioti Paint #11  
Yes, I believe it did in 2010 or thereabout. The newest, to my knowledge color that isn't orange on the current Kioti line is a black of some as yet unidentified color. My 08-09 DK-35 was grey, the Dk-40 I purchased in 2010 has the black chassis color, quite a bit darker than the grey.

My 2011 DK40 HST is grey and orange.

/ Kioti Paint #12  
Murphy, Just buying a DK in 2011 doesn't necessarily make it a 2011 manufacture date. They don't sell them by date of manufacturer, they sell them by date of purchase; not that it makes any real difference- the warranty is from date of warranty execution. Boat engine manufacturers do the same thing so as to not have conflicts over when they're put into service. Sometimes tractors, boats, etc. sit a long time before being sold, and this supposedly makes for less confusion about model year, etc.
All I know is my purchased in 2009, DK-35 was grey and orange, and so was the KB-2485 hoe I bought at the same time. The DK-40 I bought in 2010 is (dark)black and orange.

/ Kioti Paint #13  
Hmm.. my DK35se whose manufacture date is 3/11 I would not call the lower parts Black.. not to my way of thinking... Dark Charcoal Gray maybe, but some sort of gray never the less. Of course one mans black is another mans sorta gray?:)

James K0UA

/ Kioti Paint #14  
Here is a picture of my tractor contrasting the color of the ROPS (some sort of gray) with the brackets and frame of my sunshade, (Black by all accounts)
They say a picture is worth a couple of words:)

James K0UA

Attachments

• Branson-20120417-00021.jpg
    Branson-20120417-00021.jpg
    926 KB · Views: 258
   / Kioti Paint #15  
Murphy, Just buying a DK in 2011 doesn't necessarily make it a 2011 manufacture date. They don't sell them by date of manufacturer, they sell them by date of purchase; not that it makes any real difference- the warranty is from date of warranty execution. Boat engine manufacturers do the same thing so as to not have conflicts over when they're put into service. Sometimes tractors, boats, etc. sit a long time before being sold, and this supposedly makes for less confusion about model year, etc.
All I know is my purchased in 2009, DK-35 was grey and orange, and so was the KB-2485 hoe I bought at the same time. The DK-40 I bought in 2010 is (dark)black and orange.

Coyote, maybe it is your DK40 that is older and is the original color black like mine. Take a look also at the photos Murphy and I posted in the SkidPlate thread as there appear to be more than just color changes between the earlier and more recent DK undercarriage. My undercarriage is jet black, is a straight piece of steel and has a two part attachment to the FEL post (see photos) while Murphy's is grey and has a frame with two bends in it rather than the straight frame on my older DK.

Attachments

• IMG_3643_small.jpg
    IMG_3643_small.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_3645_small.jpg
    IMG_3645_small.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 232
   / Kioti Paint #16  
Hmm.. my DK35se whose manufacture date is 3/11 I would not call the lower parts Black.. not to my way of thinking... Dark Charcoal Gray maybe, but some sort of gray never the less. Of course one mans black is another mans sorta gray?:)

James K0UA

OK, I'll bite: the earlier color was a grey like a confederate soldier's uniform. The newest and current color is blackish grey/black more like a non-whitewall tire.
BTW, Kioti headquarters just told me the latest brochures show black as the lower chassis color and it has been in effect as the latest and newest two- tone color for close to two years now.
BTW, to see the color I'm referring to look at my avatar at left for the new black. You can see the dash cowling is not the earlier light grey. It's more the steering wheel color shown in the pic of my command center.
Note: I just report the news: unlike FOX news which makes it up as they go along!:laughing:
One final note: the south won't be rising again anytime soon, if ever.:)

/ Kioti Paint #17  

Hey, hey,.. we are just waiting on supply's:laughing:

James K0UA

/ Kioti Paint #18  

Hey, hey,.. we are just waiting on supply's:laughing:

James K0UA

Yeah, you guys and N. Korea must use the same supplier:confused2::laughing:

/ Kioti Paint #19  

My machine was made 6-11, I am not new to this...Check the color on my photo's in this thread. That is not a black I ever seen.