Tranny question:

/ Tranny question: #1  

Jesse masterson

Platinum Member
Tractor
07 kioti dk 45s
Just thinking , wondering what other opinions are ( does a shuttle shift tranny have the same longevity as a true standard tranny given you put more were on the forwad and reverse aspect

/ Tranny question: #2  
As you probably know there are all sorts of variations on manual transmissions and shuttle shifts seem to also come in different flavours.

Hydraulic shuttles place less wear on the regular clutch and are supposed to be pretty durable.

I suppose it mostly comes down to your technique.

/ Tranny question: #3  
IMO, yes and maybe. The transmission in my DK45S is basically three manual transmissions in series with a shuttle section, a range section (L-M-H), and a gear section (1-4). Each section looks a lot like a normal manny tranny: gears, dogs, shafts, and synchros. So I'd say yes but (1) you have essentially three sections where something can go wrong (four counting front wheel drive) and (2) these trannys never reach the life-cycle maturity of car transmissions because fewer are made and fleets are smaller. On the other hand, there are fewer shifts of ranges and gears compared to cars but the shuttle gets a workout, especially with loader work and bush hogging. Like cars, the clutch can be a weak link if the operator doesn't know what he/she's doing and clutch replacement isn't trivial.