Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Default dk 40 gear hydraulic whine

Recently my dk40 gear tractor started whining anytime the hydraulics are under a load (power steering, fel or 3ph) It whines at all rpms and the whine gets louder at higher rpms. It has 258 hrs on it and I just changed the fluid and filter which didn't help. I also checked the fittings and they're all tight. The vent is clear too. The tractor has never been operated with the remote lever stuck in a detent btw. It dosen't whine when it's first started, but starts whining after a very short time of operating. Does anyone have any ideas? How can I go about testing the hydraulic pump? TIA
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Default Re: dk 40 gear hydraulic whine

It has been reported that using the fully synthetic Amsoil hydrostatic fluid will reduce hydro whine. kubota sells a full synthetic also. Hydros do whine.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

I'm not sure if yours falls into this catagory but in this post other members talked about a whine and apparently there is an updated hydraulic piping kit that has seemed to fix the problem. I'm sure one of the members with an effected tractor will respond to you. Sorry, it has many posts. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...g-reverse.html
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

My tractor is not hydrostat it's a gear shift
    Thanks for the link victor I'll check it out
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter383 View Post
    My tractor is not hydrostat it's a gear shift
    Thanks for the link victor I'll check it out
    It sounds like you are experiencing the same thing I am. After about 10 hours mine started to get a little noisey. I am not concerned because all of my functions operate normally, hot or cold. Gear pump noise is usually related to a suction problem, you did replace the big filter correct? Some noise is normal but I would run it awhile then look at your fliud and see if it is areated, if it is then you have a air leak on the suction side. To test a pump you need a flow tester, any decent hydraulic shop should have one. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Thanks for the reply cj, yes I changed the big filter. The magnet did have some fine metal shavings on it maybe 1/8 in thick, i'm not sure what would be normal after aprox. 200 hrs? I checked all the fittings I could find and they're all tight plus it dosen't have any fluid leaks. I'm not sure how I could tell if the fluid was airated because you can't see into the reservoir.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Thanks for the reply cj, yes I changed the big filter. The magnet did have some fine metal shavings on it maybe 1/8 in thick, i'm not sure what would be normal after aprox. 200 hrs? I checked all the fittings I could find and they're all tight plus it dosen't have any fluid leaks. I'm not sure how I could tell if the fluid was airated because you can't see into the reservoir.
    If it is a air problem you should see it on the dipstick or with a flashlight the oil will look milky instead of clear in the res. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Yea after doing my 50 hour service, there is no way to see in the res other than a bore scope. The flashlight shining into the oil on the dipstick will let you see any air bubbles. Check your suction lines on the gear pump just to be sure. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Quote Originally Posted by CJONE View Post
    Yea after doing my 50 hour service, there is no way to see in the res other than a bore scope. The flashlight shining into the oil on the dipstick will let you see any air bubbles. Check your suction lines on the gear pump just to be sure. CJ

Ok I didn't see any air bubbles on the dipstick, I need to check over the lines again, for some reason it seems the worst when using the power steering now

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Ok I didn't see any air bubbles on the dipstick, I need to check over the lines again, for some reason it seems the worst when using the power steering now
    If it is any consolation mine was bad last night when using the steering but it was loaded heavy with firewood. Hardly any noise empty. I know in my case it is just normal hyd pump noise. These things run so quiet that you can hear more than usual. I am still amazed that there is almost 0 noise from the hydrostat. You can't tell a difference even when it goes to relief. I wish I could hear yours. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL