Broken again, loosing faith

/ Broken again, loosing faith #1  

kiotiken

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab
Well, once again a new problem to deal with. For anybody who cares to read the exhaustive list of issues I've had with my CK30, here it is http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/218090-my-new-ck-30-a.html

Today, the FEL lever broke, I have curl but no dump. On top of that, I still have a slight hydraulic fluid leak (which I remember after each time I park on my paved driveway), no temp. gauge and the FEL lock is broken.

I'm starting to loose faith in Kioti, and I've been a big proponent of them up to now. I think these tractors are big and heavy and capable and all the rest, there's no doubt. They will do things no Kubota or JD in the same hp range and certainly the same price range will come close to doing (other than mow the lawn!), but in the end, it's just got to work. I'm seriously thinking about abandoning ship, guess I'll need a new handle on TBN.

/ Broken again, loosing faith #2  
Sorry to hear your having more problems.
I've had my DK 35 for going on 11 years now, and so far its been very reliable (1640+ hours).
I did have to put my first battery in this weekend.

/ Broken again, loosing faith #3  
Man, you sure have had bad luck with it and I don't blame you for being disgruntled. I don't think I have ever seen a list of problems as long as yours.....must be a record(one you didn't want to obtain). I think I'd go have a sit down with your dealer and go over your options. He might have mercy n you and give you a deal on some other color tractor.

/ Broken again, loosing faith #4  
So now what? Keep working on it with dealer and Kioti HQ or abandon all hope and move on to yet another brand?
Do you expect different results from another brand, and if so what brand might that be?
I'd keep after them until its fixed completely and once off warranty if problems still exist then shoot it.

/ Broken again, loosing faith #5  
I think I'd go have a sit down with your dealer and go over your options. He might have mercy n you and give you a deal on some other color tractor.

A dealer having mercy for a customer? :laughing:

/ Broken again, loosing faith #6  
I would contact my dealer and ask to trade for a new tractor. Your dealer, together with Kioti might make this happen for you. Otherwise, I would be looking at a JD. Life is too short, put this ugly chapter behind you.

/ Broken again, loosing faith #7  
There has to be a lemon law on tractors or something similar? Besides, Ken should be compensated for all the down time...it is excessive.

Massey, I am very fortunate, I know my dealer would work something out with me if I was in Ken's shoes.

/ Broken again, loosing faith
Do you expect different results from another brand,

YES

and if so what brand might that be?
I'd keep after them until its fixed completely and once off warranty if problems still exist then shoot it.

I understand every tractor will have an issue here or there, but not a dozen in the first year with only 150 hrs. I'm more worried about what happens after my warranty is up.

I would contact my dealer and ask to trade for a new tractor. Your dealer, together with Kioti might make this happen for you. Otherwise, I would be looking at a JD. Life is too short, put this ugly chapter behind you.

I do like JD, especially the small cabbed CUTs, but a comparable JD to my CK30 would be HUGE $$$$. As for trading for a new version of the same, I put a Kioti dealer installed cab on and that would complicate issues.

There has to be a lemon law on tractors or something similar? Besides, Ken should be compensated for all the down time...it is excessive.

Massey, I am very fortunate, I know my dealer would work something out with me if I was in Ken's shoes.

I don't think there is here, but I'll look into it. I've got an excellent dealer who will come and take this away at no charge and return it good as new (until it breaks again) at no charge as well. I expect this to be a long repair since they'll be splitting the tractor to fix the leak. That will involve removing the cab.

I'm also at the point that I'm realizing this tractor is too small to meet my needs. I could really use more FEL and it's being stopped in it's tracks with the box blade, even in low, with some of the work I'm asking of it. I run out of hp before I run out of traction, I'm not able to spin the wheels. There's no doubt, I work it hard, I thought that's what it was for.

/ Broken again, loosing faith #9  
Well, once again a new problem to deal with. For anybody who cares to read the exhaustive list of issues I've had with my CK30, here it is http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/218090-my-new-ck-30-a.html

Today, the FEL lever broke, I have curl but no dump. On top of that, I still have a slight hydraulic fluid leak (which I remember after each time I park on my paved driveway), no temp. gauge and the FEL lock is broken.

I'm starting to loose faith in Kioti, and I've been a big proponent of them up to now. I think these tractors are big and heavy and capable and all the rest, there's no doubt. They will do things no Kubota or JD in the same hp range and certainly the same price range will come close to doing (other than mow the lawn!), but in the end, it's just got to work. I'm seriously thinking about abandoning ship, guess I'll need a new handle on TBN.

How about 'formerkiotiken'.

/ Broken again, loosing faith #10  
Sorry to hear of all the problems with your Kioti. A bad tractor of any color will show up from time to time no matter what color; got a green one in the shop AGAIN ourselves.

I suspect you simply got a lemon that slipped through the cracks, but also understand "casting an eye" at other brands. We bought our BX2660 after all the trouble with the JD; had considered a JD for each farm until then.

Hopefully you can get your problems ironed out and wind up with a good tractor either repair yours, another Kioti or other brand.

I apologize for forum hopping, but started doing the "todays posts" thing after seeing you refer to it.