Glow Plug light

/ Glow Plug light #1  

VTFireftr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK 30 gear
Yesterday when I went to start my CK 30, the glow plug light came on (as it is supposed to do when I turn the key) but would not go out. I waited about 30 seconds and cranked the engine. Strated right up with no issues, but the glow plug light stayed illuminated. The light finally went out a few minutes later.

Since it was warm yesterday, and I was using the backhoe for long periods of time, when I did turn the tractor off, I didn't have to wait fro the glow plugs to restart the engine.

Any ideas why the glow plug light would stay on? Is this some sort of warning that my glow plug relay or something else is about to go away?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and responses.

/ Glow Plug light #2  
I went through this exact same problem with my New Holland TC29DA. It turned out to be the glow plug timer relay. It could also be your ignition switch is going bad, expecially if you have alot of other keys hanging on the ring. They don't seem to like the weight over time.

/ Glow Plug light #3  
My CK30hst was somewhat similar but the glow plug light didn't stay on as long as yours. I began to have other electrical starting issues and replaced the ignition switch. Mine starts fine now and the glow plug light also works properly now. You'll find other member's posts where the ignition switch is a weak link especially if water and dirt enter causing the contacts to corrode. Ohio Paul also mentioned the glow plug timer relay. Other members have posted it caused their glow plugs not to heat up at all but maybe yours is sticking closed. If I remember correctly from a previous post, the timer relay should heat the glow plugs for eight seconds and then turn off. Those are the two things I'd start checking. Maybe this will help or try this link: http://www.paigetractorsparts.com/p...M-T940A/01-03|~CK30-M-ELECTRICAL/0103CK300079

Attachments

• wire diagram relays.jpg
    wire diagram relays.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,434
   / Glow Plug light
I don't think it's the ignitionswitch since I recently replaced that due to a no start issue.

I'll have to check the glow plug relay.

/ Glow Plug light #5  
Your faulty ig switch may have caused some damage to your glow plug relay, or its circuit resulting in your current issue with the gp light.

/ Glow Plug light
Update:

I disconencted and cleaned the three connectors under throttle pedal. Everything work great and is "back to normal".