Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK 30 gear

Default Glow Plug light

Yesterday when I went to start my CK 30, the glow plug light came on (as it is supposed to do when I turn the key) but would not go out. I waited about 30 seconds and cranked the engine. Strated right up with no issues, but the glow plug light stayed illuminated. The light finally went out a few minutes later.

Since it was warm yesterday, and I was using the backhoe for long periods of time, when I did turn the tractor off, I didn't have to wait fro the glow plugs to restart the engine.

Any ideas why the glow plug light would stay on? Is this some sort of warning that my glow plug relay or something else is about to go away?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and responses.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA

Default Re: Glow Plug light

I went through this exact same problem with my New Holland TC29DA. It turned out to be the glow plug timer relay. It could also be your ignition switch is going bad, expecially if you have alot of other keys hanging on the ring. They don't seem to like the weight over time.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

My CK30hst was somewhat similar but the glow plug light didn't stay on as long as yours. I began to have other electrical starting issues and replaced the ignition switch. Mine starts fine now and the glow plug light also works properly now. You'll find other member's posts where the ignition switch is a weak link especially if water and dirt enter causing the contacts to corrode. Ohio Paul also mentioned the glow plug timer relay. Other members have posted it caused their glow plugs not to heat up at all but maybe yours is sticking closed. If I remember correctly from a previous post, the timer relay should heat the glow plugs for eight seconds and then turn off. Those are the two things I'd start checking. Maybe this will help or try this link: http://www.paigetractorsparts.com/pa...L/0103CK300079
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK 30 gear

I don't think it's the ignitionswitch since I recently replaced that due to a no start issue.

I'll have to check the glow plug relay.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Your faulty ig switch may have caused some damage to your glow plug relay, or its circuit resulting in your current issue with the gp light.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, KL-401 FEL, (reversible cutting edge), Titan Tree Shear. 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter. HLA Series 2000 7' plow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

2015 Husky AWD Rider 322T Combi 103 deck. Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK 30 gear

Update:

I disconencted and cleaned the three connectors under throttle pedal. Everything work great and is "back to normal".