Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Default Re: 3 point pto post hole digger

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    Good point- that's where I was trying to steer in terms of the extra capacity reservoir that GRSthegreat uses for his hydraulics to keep the temp down by using additional hyd fluid to keep it from overheating when running hi demand implements.
    This is actually my point with the backhoe. When I'm in the diggn' mood, there's never a moment where multiple cylinders aren't using fluid. Swing cylinders, dipper stick, boom, bucket, they're all filling/emptying at the same time. I'm not sure what the difference would be with a hydraulic motor. You take a break from digging to move the tractor and you take a break from drilling for the same reason. The tractor isn't in motion for either task.

It's actually an important issue to me, I'm planning to put a broom on the front of my tractor in the next year or two to clear the rink in the winter. It will be continuous use while the tractor is moving, so I need to make sure my tractor is up to it.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Hydraulic

Motor-spool: In the neutral position fluid is allowed to flow back to the tank. This allows the operator to run a hydraulic motor under load and, when the valve is shifted to stop flow to the motor, allows the motor to coast to a stop.

Cylinder-spool: In the neutral position fluid is blocked from flowing to the tank. This effectively locks the load in place and should be used in applications where a load is to be raised and held aloft with a hydraulic cylinder.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

It has to do with flow, Hydraulic motors use bigger hoses and pumps.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by dennis52 View Post

When I asked my dealer about the front mounted hydraulic post hole diggers for my 45hp Kioti he advised that, being hydraulic, they were not capable of achieving the same power as a pto driven post hole digger.
    I am not sure where he comes up with that. I have the Danuser 1025H and it is not shy on torque. Check out the torques listed on the attached link. On hydraulic augers it is the pump pressure that governs the torque. GPM governs the rotational speed.

http://www.danuser.com/attachments/auger-systems

I much, much prefer a hydraulic SSQA with the ability to reverse and put down pressure on the bit.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    I am not sure where he comes up with that. I have the Danuser 1025H and it is not shy on torque. Check out the torques listed on the attached link. On hydraulic augers it is the pump pressure that governs the torque. GPM governs the rotational speed.

Auger Systems | Earth Augers | Diggers | Danuser

I much, much prefer a hydraulic SSQA with the ability to reverse and put down pressure on the bit.
    Ideal gpm on that unit starts at 15 to 20. That ep6 that Teds talking about might do it but Kioti advises against running a hydra motor.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post

Ideal gpm on that unit starts at 15 to 20.
    Right, which matches 2 of my tractors.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Ideal gpm on that unit starts at 15 to 20.
    Depends on which one you looked at. From his link, here's a couple sized for tractors.

Model 8300 | Hydraulic Auger | Danuser

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

Does anyone have any information about how many GPM will actually flow through the rear remote valves and connectors on a DK45SE? I don't know if the full flow of the hydraulic system is actually output to the attached implement. Thanks.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWannabe View Post
    Does anyone have any information about how many GPM will actually flow through the rear remote valves and connectors on a DK45SE? I don't know if the full flow of the hydraulic system is actually output to the attached implement. Thanks.
    That's the problem, its only 1/4 line.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    This is actually my point with the backhoe. When I'm in the diggn' mood, there's never a moment where multiple cylinders aren't using fluid. Swing cylinders, dipper stick, boom, bucket, they're all filling/emptying at the same time. I'm not sure what the difference would be with a hydraulic motor. You take a break from digging to move the tractor and you take a break from drilling for the same reason. The tractor isn't in motion for either task.

It's actually an important issue to me, I'm planning to put a broom on the front of my tractor in the next year or two to clear the rink in the winter. It will be continuous use while the tractor is moving, so I need to make sure my tractor is up to it.
    KK, I believe you've convinced yourself that what you want your tractor to do is what it will do, regardless of some design limitations. The EA guys actually said that they have not had any complaints from customers with the augers, 'when properly matched with their tractor'. That is not the same as assuring one that it will work with YOUR tractor and it's inherent fluid flow, designed to run with very specific implements, NONE of which are running hydraulic pumps as part of the implement's fluid loop.
    You obviously can do whatever you choose, but after all the effort the KIOTI guys put into saving your butt when you went from the undersized JD to the undersized 'lemon' first Kioti you had next, to this current DK with cab, I'd sure hate to see you decide to push it beyond it's limitations and possibly do damage to your hydraulics circuit, especially since you are running an HST unit.
    If it were me I'd look into renting a skidsteer with the attachment already on it and do whatever holes you need 'dug' then return it. No contamination possibility and a tool suited to the job at hand with NO risk of damaging your tractor.
    And as far as a front mounted broom- is a PTO driven broom not a possibility for your DK?
    Just seems like you'd be back in the same dilemma with it as the front mounted auger.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast