3 point pto post hole digger

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #61  
For now it's still under warranty and they can't really claim abuse if they gave me the implement.

Kioti's warranty won't cover NON-approved implement caused damage to your tractor. They state what Kioti branded implements are approved for use in the fine print. You can still do whatever you want, just don't expect coverage for things outside the manufacturer's written warranty, regardless of what your dealer or ETA or someone else on TBN may tell you.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #62  
Kioti's warranty won't cover NON-approved implement caused damage to your tractor. They state what Kioti branded implements are approved for use in the fine print. You can still do whatever you want, just don't expect coverage for things outside the manufacturer's written warranty, regardless of what your dealer or ETA or someone else on TBN may tell you.

You may be right if you had a lawyer explain the warranty to you, but in reality, anything my dealer is willing to cover, is covered under warranty. I really don't think I'd have an issue with a PHD drilling the 20-30 holes I need to drill. If the machine was doing nothing but drilling holes all day, that may be a different story.

My eyes have been opened as far as powering a broom, but I will work with my dealer and my local hydraulic shop to determine how I should proceed. For some reason you think I'm hellbent on doing it regardless of what anybody says, but really I'm not. I appreciate the info and will use it if/when this project gets past the idea stage.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #63  
Use a PTO powered pump like the one grsgreat uses for his front mounted snowblower.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #64  
You may be right if you had a lawyer explain the warranty to you, but in reality, anything my dealer is willing to cover, is covered under warranty. I really don't think I'd have an issue with a PHD drilling the 20-30 holes I need to drill. If the machine was doing nothing but drilling holes all day, that may be a different story.

My eyes have been opened as far as powering a broom, but I will work with my dealer and my local hydraulic shop to determine how I should proceed. For some reason you think I'm hellbent on doing it regardless of what anybody says, but really I'm not. I appreciate the info and will use it if/when this project gets past the idea stage.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here regarding warranty issues. Anyone can tell anyone whatever they want to hear, but when it comes down to it the legalese is what rules the day if push comes to shove.
I don't want to see you or your tractor get hurt by the way things can and often do go, even when everyone is well meaning- it's usually the retail customer who gets the shaft if anyone has to.

I hope you do what is in your and the tractor's best interest; so as far as a PHD, if it were me, I'd likely rent a separate machine to do the holes, and then get the PTO/pump rig I already mentioned, that is used by GRSthegreat.
Good luck, let us know what you decide.
Are you having the Olympic Hockey Trials at your rink? How big is it?
Pics too!:thumbsup:

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #65  
I'm just playing devil's advocate here regarding warranty issues. Anyone can tell anyone whatever they want to hear, but when it comes down to it the legalese is what rules the day if push comes to shove.
I don't want to see you or your tractor get hurt by the way things can and often do go, even when everyone is well meaning- it's usually the retail customer who gets the shaft if anyone has to.

I hope you do what is in your and the tractor's best interest; so as far as a PHD, if it were me, I'd likely rent a separate machine to do the holes, and then get the PTO/pump rig I already mentioned, that is used by GRSthegreat.
Good luck, let us know what you decide.
Are you having the Olympic Hockey Trials at your rink? How big is it?
Pics too!:thumbsup:

Well the rink is as big as I can make it without having to level more ground, 120' X 65'. Every year I sit back and figure out what took the most effort/time and then go about improving it for the following year. The only way to get a really good ice surface is to get every last flake off it before flooding it, which is why I use the broom. This year I took the rear blade of my box blade off, sharpened the front blade on my bench grinder and the zamboni is built on the top. I pump water from a creek in the back, first using a fire hose and then later in the year to fill the zamboni. We replaced the wood stove at the cottage, so I brought it home, bolted it to a pallet, built a heat exchange out of 40' of copper pipe and a 20' coil and I stick it in the chimney. A little circulation pump draws from one tank and dumps it back in the other one. I've done many many many other crazy things for the rink, but I'll leave it there. We all enjoy having the rink and it gives me seat time in the off season.

No pics in the winter with me, but here's the zamboni in the summer, minus the water bar.

Zamboni.JPG

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #66  
Sorry CM, Didn't see that you had mentioned Grs thegreats Pto pump set up.I still don't see it.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #67  
Kiotiken, Looking at all that you have done, I have come to the conclusion that you are a little "loco", but in a wonderful way. I wish I had the passion and ingenuity that you have.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #68  
Kiotiken, Looking at all that you have done, I have come to the conclusion that you are a little "loco", but in a wonderful way. I wish I had the passion and ingenuity that you have.

Thanks man, but I just scratched the surface with what I'll admit to!