utility box mounting gotchas?

/ utility box mounting gotchas? #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
Is is a bad idea to put a tackle box sized box on one of the fenders? I'm new enough to all this I might be missing something. I'm still waiting for the owner's manual to arrive.

Ron

/ utility box mounting gotchas? #2  
Perhaps this will be of some assistance? Go to the SEARCH section at the top of this page. Type in "Mounting tool boxes" and scroll down to select posts and submit. There are many posts here on TBN in regards to your inquiry. Best Wishes.

/ utility box mounting gotchas? #3  
Ron, don't do it. The fenders are not designed to take much of a load. I have seen tractors with them there and they all have cracked or bent fenders from the weight and vibration.

/ utility box mounting gotchas? #4  
is there room behind the seat? thats where i put mine.

/ utility box mounting gotchas?
You guys and maybe ladies are a treasure. Thank you Creekbend Murphy and Motorseven! Those fenders might even be plastic I never thought of that. On my 3054 the hand holds on each fender are plastic. Never liked the stuff much in spite of how much sense it makes and in many many applications it really is better, and saves natural resources. Regardless if they are metal or plastic the weight and vibration could do it to either one over time. I wasn't thinking of a lot of tools. More like an adjustable wrench and a socket set or a sandwich maybe. I'll check right behind the seat. The other possibility would be something possibly attached to the rops. There are two rollbars front and back of the seat area. I have to see how my movement patterns pan out to know if that's a good idea or not. Thank you guys very much to taking the time to help.

/ utility box mounting gotchas? #6  
I don't know how a 3054 is setup but on my DK-40 I was able to put a plastic ammo box on the loader frame with only one bolt through an existing hole. It works perfectly and gives me lots of storage. You can see pics by going to my profile and searching past threads.

/ utility box mounting gotchas?
Thanks. As I got more info, I started to think about the loader frame. Haven't looked for any holes yet but I intend too.