Tires Paying too much for filled tires

/ Paying too much for filled tires #1  

kioti pup

Tractor
2011 Dk45se HST
Is $480 too much to pay to have tires filled with calcium on a dk45sehst (new tubes in both tires including labor and materials?) I'm buying a tractor from a dealer and he doesn't seem to be giving me too much of a break on it. Am I getting taken?:confused:

/ Paying too much for filled tires #2  
Is $480 too much to pay to have tires filled with calcium on a dk45sehst (new tubes in both tires including labor and materials?) I'm buying a tractor from a dealer and he doesn't seem to be giving me too much of a break on it. Am I getting taken?:confused:

I don't know the capacity of your tires but Calcium Chloride is the cheapest stuff you can get, but the labor cost might be what drives the cost up. Have you never thought about keeping the tires tubeless and putting Rimguard in. It weighs the same as CCL but doesn't eat the rims and it can just be pumped in. $480 seems high to me.

/ Paying too much for filled tires
Thanks! The dealer I'm buying it from is old school. I always hate to hear I'm paying to much for something but thanks for your advice. They are r4 tires on a 45 horse power tractor. The labor is $200, with that in mind the cost of materials kinda makes sense.

/ Paying too much for filled tires #4  
With other options available, I would avoid calcium,especially on a new(er) tractor

/ Paying too much for filled tires #5  
Rim guard should run ~$250-300 and wouldn't need tubes.

/ Paying too much for filled tires #6  
I paid $400 for methanol and I got taken to the cleaners, at least in material costs.. They cited having to truck the tractor down to the tire guy about 20 miles away and back. so OK. I paid. I could do it myself, and have done it. But this time I though it would be nice to just have it done when delivered. So that is what I did. and it was nice not to have to mess with finding the chemical and transporting it, and doing the work.
Calcium Cloride would be the last product on my list. Had that before with a tubed tire, and got a hole punched in it, and it sprayed salty water all over the right side of the tractor. Also you cannot just plug the tire you have to take the heavy axxed thing in to someone to fix it, Unless you have the tools and knowledge.. No more Calcium Cloride for me

James K0UA

/ Paying too much for filled tires #8  
   / Paying too much for filled tires #9  
I had mine filled with beet jce? was told it was the best way to go..cost $500

/ Paying too much for filled tires #10  
I had mine filled with beet jce? was told it was the best way to go..cost $500

Beet Juice also known as RimGuard.. It isn't actually Beet Juice, it a natural byproduct of some kind of the extraction of sugar from the sugar beet. It is more brown than red. RimGuard is just the trade name for this product and "beet juice" is just a nickname for this product.

James K0UA