Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2011 Dk45se HST

Default Paying too much for filled tires

Is $480 too much to pay to have tires filled with calcium on a dk45sehst (new tubes in both tires including labor and materials?) I'm buying a tractor from a dealer and he doesn't seem to be giving me too much of a break on it. Am I getting taken?

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Default Re: Paying too much for filled tires

Quote Originally Posted by kioti pup View Post
    Is $480 too much to pay to have tires filled with calcium on a dk45sehst (new tubes in both tires including labor and materials?) I'm buying a tractor from a dealer and he doesn't seem to be giving me too much of a break on it. Am I getting taken?
    I don't know the capacity of your tires but Calcium Chloride is the cheapest stuff you can get, but the labor cost might be what drives the cost up. Have you never thought about keeping the tires tubeless and putting Rimguard in. It weighs the same as CCL but doesn't eat the rims and it can just be pumped in. $480 seems high to me.
    JD 3720 with R4s
    X740

Tractor
    2011 Dk45se HST

Thanks! The dealer I'm buying it from is old school. I always hate to hear I'm paying to much for something but thanks for your advice. They are r4 tires on a 45 horse power tractor. The labor is $200, with that in mind the cost of materials kinda makes sense.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 3054xs TLB

With other options available, I would avoid calcium,especially on a new(er) tractor
    2004 3054xs
    1231 FEL
    Markham tooth-bar
    2376 BH, 9 and 18 inch buckets
    DR PTO chipper
    Blizzard B74 sno-blower
    250 hrs

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    IH 684

Rim guard should run ~$250-300 and wouldn't need tubes.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

I paid $400 for methanol and I got taken to the cleaners, at least in material costs.. They cited having to truck the tractor down to the tire guy about 20 miles away and back. so OK. I paid. I could do it myself, and have done it. But this time I though it would be nice to just have it done when delivered. So that is what I did. and it was nice not to have to mess with finding the chemical and transporting it, and doing the work.
    Calcium Cloride would be the last product on my list. Had that before with a tubed tire, and got a hole punched in it, and it sprayed salty water all over the right side of the tractor. Also you cannot just plug the tire you have to take the heavy axxed thing in to someone to fix it, Unless you have the tools and knowledge.. No more Calcium Cloride for me

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Have you considered filling them yourselves. Just a thought? GEMPLER'S - Outdoor Work Supplies, Spray Equipment, PPE & more Go to the Tires and supplies section and go from there.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    Have you considered filling them yourselves. Just a thought? GEMPLER'S - Outdoor Work Supplies, Spray Equipment, PPE & more Go to the Tires and supplies section and go from there.
    Perhaps this will be of some assistance also, if you are interested? OrangeTractorTalks | kubota Tractor Tips, Classifieds, Specifications and Discussion
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kioti DS 4110

I had mine filled with beet jce? was told it was the best way to go..cost $500

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti Lee View Post
    I had mine filled with beet jce? was told it was the best way to go..cost $500

Beet Juice also known as RimGuard.. It isn't actually Beet Juice, it a natural byproduct of some kind of the extraction of sugar from the sugar beet. It is more brown than red. RimGuard is just the trade name for this product and "beet juice" is just a nickname for this product.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast