Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Guys,

Mostly I am curious, because I have NO PROOF, I am simply concerned...

But...

I cannot put my finger on it as to when it occurred, but my HST in medium feels sluggish, like it used to be faster, and now it is not.

Honestly, I am almost NEVER in Low, and only slightly more often in High (only on the flat, on my gravel drive between the top of my hill and the pavement).

I am ALWAYS in Medium, and it feels like it USED to climb the hill in my driveway easily at 1700-1800 RPM, and now I need it to hit 2000+ to climb easily.

Really it just feels like it used to be faster and more responsive when new, and now it is slower.

I know, that is a pretty minor complaint. But I am curious if anyone else has this observation.

Thanks in advance,

Be well,
David

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se #2  
How many hours? Could be a fuel/air filter. The ulsd can clog filters easy. Acts like a cleaner to tanks and fuel lines that once flowed regular diesel.

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se #3  
I'll certainly be watching for it, but I've only put about 10 hrs on so far and all is good. I had a Ferris 3 wheel mower at one point that would slow down, especially on hills after it had been working for a while. I was told it was the pump and not worth fixing, so I'd start paying very close attention to it and get it looked at under warranty. Even if they dismiss it, your concern is on file if there's a problem later on.

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se
How many hours? Could be a fuel/air filter. The ulsd can clog filters easy. Acts like a cleaner to tanks and fuel lines that once flowed regular diesel.

I'm somewhere around 85 hours, and I just did the 50 hours at about 72 hours, I was noticing it BEFORE the service also. My fuel filter is inline and the case is clear, the engine is running strong and never falters. The finlter is not changed until like 150 or ?? hours I think.

I did clean the airfilter when I did the service.

David

... I had a Ferris 3 wheel mower at one point that would slow down, especially on hills after it had been working for a while. I was told it was the pump and not worth fixing, so I'd start paying very close attention....

DON'T SAY THAT!!!!! Now I'm skeert!

Actually I am having a much worse problem like you describe on my JD LX266 mower... I started a thread there. I do NOT want to junk a mower with only 220 hours on it!

ARGH!

David

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se #6  
DON'T SAY THAT!!!!! Now I'm skeert!

Actually I am having a much worse problem like you describe on my JD LX266 mower... I started a thread there. I do NOT want to junk a mower with only 220 hours on it!

ARGH!

David

Well, I hope it's not the same for you. I searched high and low for used pumps but there was nothing and they wanted more for a new pump than the machine was worth. You may have more success searching for a pump for a JD.

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se #7  
David,

Look under right side foot pan next to hydraulic loader valve. Behind it will be the f/r pedal linkage. Check and make sure linkage is tight and secure. 10mm socket needed to tighten turn buckle style linkage.

We had one in the shop yesterday that seemingly would run 20mph in reverse and 3mph in forward. Nut backed off and linkage was about to fall off.

Lawn mower. You need to stop by and see our KIOTI CS2410 tractor/mower. New from KIOTI. Just finished putting second one together today. If you need a Zero Turn - wait. I have a NEW line coming in and will trade you out of the Green....

call me tomorrow and i will tell you more then.....

Tony

David,

Look under right side foot pan next to hydraulic loader valve. Behind it will be the f/r pedal linkage. Check and make sure linkage is tight and secure. 10mm socket needed to tighten turn buckle style linkage.

We had one in the shop yesterday that seemingly would run 20mph in reverse and 3mph in forward. Nut backed off and linkage was about to fall off.

Lawn mower. You need to stop by and see our KIOTI CS2410 tractor/mower. New from KIOTI. Just finished putting second one together today. If you need a Zero Turn - wait. I have a NEW line coming in and will trade you out of the Green....

call me tomorrow and i will tell you more then.....

Tony

Tony,

You are AWESOME. I will look into the linkage.

BUT, I suspect not only can I not afford another new tractor, but my wife might try to kill me... I should have said what should I look for USED... But I will hapily look at this new Kioti SCUT...

How much is it?

David

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se #9  
Moss, my DK40SE HST did the same thing around 200 hrs. I even GPS'd the high gear ground speed which is supposed to be 15.6 mph....it's 11mph. I posted on this and one of our fine vendors sent me the HST pedal adjustment spec's & diagram. I must confess, I have not looked at it yet since it's one of those things I don't think about until I'm halfway down the road to the neighbors. PM me with your email addy and I will send it to you.

I think it is either the pedal adjustment or a hyd pressure adjustment since everything works fine, just a bit slower. Don't be like me, get off your duff and figure it out:laughing:

/ Question & minor concern regarding my HST on DK50se #10  
This thread is not putting a smile on my face. If the whole truth is to come out, one of the biggest reasons I jumped ship on my CK30 was the hst. It was replaced once which required the tractor to be split. After the tractor was split, it had a small hydraulic leak and I was starting to get a little suspect about the hst again. I've read many, many threads and posts on the subject in the Kioti and Bobcat forums and in my opinion, there's an issue with the hst in the CK/CT2XX line that hasn't come out yet as people don't want to acknowledge it. Everybody had their own thoughts on what made the hst creep on these tractors, and nobody wanted to believe that it was a pressure issue that could easily be measured (and fixed by replacing the hst), but nobody else seemed to have ever fixed the issue, only improve it.

The mention of hydraulic pressure in respect to the DK line makes my skin crawl.