Dumb Hydraulic question

/ Dumb Hydraulic question #1  

blucoondawg

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE w/ loader and Woods 90x backhoe, Allis Chalmers C with front snowplow
I've had my tractor for little over a month now and finally getting time to use it, but I have some questions about the hydraulic system, first it's a DK50SE Hydro, I see it has a dipstick on the back to check the transmission oil level, is this the same oil used in the hydro and the other hydraulic systems? I see it has a separate filter for the hydro but how does that work independently of the hydraulic system if the oil comes from the same place? I am getting my backhoe Monday and I assume it will be shipped dry so I will probably need to add oil when I hook it up, also I see the owners manual lists a few brands of oil, is it necessary to only use these brands, it doesn't mention the warranty in the manual but I thought maybe using other than the specific brands would possibly void it? Thanks for reading my dumb questions, I am new to these newfangled tractors so there will probably be more of them coming.

/ Dumb Hydraulic question #2  
On my tractor the backhoe uses whatever they put in there from the factory. Are you hooking this up? My hook up was feed thru remote A and dump thru the red plastic fill port.

/ Dumb Hydraulic question
Ya I am going to hook it up, it is plumbed directly into the tractor hydraulic system somehow without using the rear remote, I don't know for sure how it exactly works yet as I don't have it yet so I don't have the manual or directions yet either. Maybe it will have oil in it, I just assumed since it is being shipped it is being shipped dry? I could be wrong, but even if it had fluid in it wouldn't whatever that fluid is get mixed with the fluid in my tractor's system already?

Also I should ad it is a Woods backhoe rather than a Kioti so I'd assume they may use different methods to hook up.

/ Dumb Hydraulic question #5  
Cant see the factory getting all the oil out after testing. Hook her up and run then check oil level.

it won't hurt anything to have whatever they use for oil mixing with the oil in the tractor?

/ Dumb Hydraulic question #7  
it won't hurt anything to have whatever they use for oil mixing with the oil in the tractor?

NO. Probably using UTF, universal tractor fluid, (hydraulic oil). Don't worry about brand as long as it isn't some recycled cheap no name brand from Waldumb.
No questions are dumb- we're all here to help each other 'cause we got nothin' else 2 du.:laughing::thumbsup:
Ask more questions when it arrives, if you have any more.

And yes rear trans dipstick is for all transmission oil used by the tractor. There are a couple of circuits that draw off the oil, wet brake, etc. Not to worry, just recheck level after using you new b. hoe for an hour or so. It may require a small amount of UTF to completely fill the hyd lines etc. Use whatever TSC or similar co. sells in small qty.

NO. Probably using UTF, universal tractor fluid, (hydraulic oil). Don't worry about brand as long as it isn't some recycled cheap no name brand from Waldumb.
No questions are dumb- we're all here to help each other 'cause we got nothin' else 2 du.:laughing::thumbsup:
Ask more questions when it arrives, if you have any more.

And yes rear trans dipstick is for all transmission oil used by the tractor. There are a couple of circuits that draw off the oil, wet brake, etc. Not to worry, just recheck level after using you new b. hoe for an hour or so. It may require a small amount of UTF to completely fill the hyd lines etc. Use whatever TSC or similar co. sells in small qty.

Thanks, I guess I was mainly concerned that they may have used some kind of ATF or motor oil type fluid or cheaper hydraulic fluid that isnt rated for use as tractor/trans fluid, but I would hope they would have sense enough not to do something like that.

/ Dumb Hydraulic question #9  
Thanks, I guess I was mainly concerned that they may have used some kind of ATF or motor oil type fluid or cheaper hydraulic fluid that isnt rated for use as tractor/trans fluid, but I would hope they would have sense enough not to do something like that.

No, Kioti and Woods are both reputable companies and they are fairly specific as to the quality of the hydraulic fluids they put in their products from the factory. Woods is very reputable and wouldn't risk your tractor by using junk fluid.

/ Dumb Hydraulic question #10  
best to check your fluid levels BEFORE you ever start running your equipment.