Loader Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher #1  

bullopa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE
When I test drove the DK40SE, the loader stands on the KL401 rattled as I drove the tractor. The rubber washers were installed on the outside but didn't make everything pull up really tight. It didn't stop me from buying it cause I figured I could just take them off and store them. But is there anyone who knows of a way to keep them from rattling? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, has anyone come up with a bigger toolbox to mount or a fire extinguisher? Saw this video on tractor bloopers and noted a lot of fires. Always had one mounted on my old tractor.

Tractor bloopers - YouTube

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher #2  
I have the DK50SE and I was not impressed with the tool box, its a cheap piece of crap IMO. I would think they could spend a few bucks on a decent tool box.

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher #3  
Mount fire extinguisher to your roll bar. If you do have a fire on your tractor, you will never get it out a toolbox! Excellent idea. Everyone needs one.

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher
I agree it's a cheap piece of crap. Seems like they could have integrated a bigger tool box with the bracket for the SMV sign for next to nothing. Then you might be able to fit a hammer or mallet in it.

I have the DK50SE and I was not impressed with the tool box, its a cheap piece of crap IMO. I would think they could spend a few bucks on a decent tool box.

Good idea. Would you drill holes or do you know of some type of bracket that could be attached?

Mount fire extinguisher to your roll bar. If you do have a fire on your tractor, you will never get it out a toolbox! Excellent idea. Everyone needs one.

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher #6  
If you look back through my threads I solved that problem, and you don't have to drill anything. It was quite some time ago; and it allows for mounting a toolbox that can carry a LOT of stuff. I've also found a way to use a purchaseable chainsaw holder and again mount it without drilling any holes, and it works great. Both fixes are for NON-cab tractors.
I have not detailed or shown any pics for the chainsaw holder to date, but I might be persuaded to if anyone wants to know about it.

Oh yeah, cable tie the loader stand arms, and cut the ties if you need to use the arms.

Thanks Coyote Machine - I'll take a look. No cab on my tractor.

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher #8  
No problem.

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher #9  
bullopa said:
Good idea. Would you drill holes or do you know of some type of bracket that could be attached?

I am not a fan of drilling or welding to any roll bar.

Attach fire extinguisher bracket with metal hose clamps. To hold from moving and to relieve noise install thin piece of rubber between roll bar and bracket.

/ Loader Stands on KL401 rattle, tool box, fire extinguisher #10  
I installed a cheap Homer box from HD on a plate then using the same holes as old tool box while pitching the slow moving bracket. On the stands I used old hose jamed between stand and loader arm.