DK45S fuel tank removal

/ DK45S fuel tank removal #1  

tulenutn2o

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
Anyone out there know the procedure for removing fuel tank on 2009-10 Kioti DK45S?

/ DK45S fuel tank removal #2  
Curious why you want to remove it?

/ DK45S fuel tank removal #3  
If you search for posts about fuel tanks around 2 months ago, another member had to remove his because it rusted. It didn't seem complicated but was a pita getting things out of the way to get clearance to pull it out.

/ DK45S fuel tank removal
I just figured I'd do it for the heck of it.............Not. It has developed a leak. It is plastic and it is a PITA. Everything seems to be out of the way, but still can't get it free. It is loose, I can move it all around, just doesn't seem to have clearance to get out.

Yeah, I found that post and read it all and looked at pics, trouble is, pics show removal , but there is either no engine to deal with or no dash-don't remember right off hand.

Got it out.What a pain! Fuel tank is leaking at the embossed seam where nipple is located.Lower right corner area. I think definitely a defect. tractor fuel tank 001.JPGtractor fuel tank 002.JPGtractor fuel tank 005.JPGtractor fuel tank 003.JPG The other 2 pics just show how far I had to go to get the thing out.

/ DK45S fuel tank removal #7  
OK, so now you've had your fun, now what to fix? Under warranty?

J-B weld probably. Could plasti weld but don't know how thick rest of it is around there. At least with the JB weld, I can build it up a bit. I really do feel this is a faulty part issue, but 2 mos. past 2 year bumper to bumper. Hopefully dealer will rescue me. By the way, the relief for the fitting that is in the mount is still not big enough- so I guess Kioti didn't address this issue yet. With the hose on the fitting, I figure it was under constant vibration and the embossed area finally broke.

/ DK45S fuel tank removal #9  
I think he's

Yeh, actually 3 mos. past 2yr bumper to bumper, but hoping to get dealer to address from a safety standpoint. Sent him a PM, we'll see. I went through this a while back on a 92 thunderbird. Head gaskets at 72k. Faulty fire ring around cylinders. Ford had numerous problems and finally issued recall AFTER I had already fixed and sent down the road.