Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Default DK45S fuel tank removal

Anyone out there know the procedure for removing fuel tank on 2009-10 Kioti DK45S?
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

"Being smart is not how much you know, it's knowing where to look."
    R. James

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: DK45S fuel tank removal

Curious why you want to remove it?
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

If you search for posts about fuel tanks around 2 months ago, another member had to remove his because it rusted. It didn't seem complicated but was a pita getting things out of the way to get clearance to pull it out.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

I just figured I'd do it for the heck of it.............Not. It has developed a leak. It is plastic and it is a PITA. Everything seems to be out of the way, but still can't get it free. It is loose, I can move it all around, just doesn't seem to have clearance to get out.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

R. James

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Yeah, I found that post and read it all and looked at pics, trouble is, pics show removal , but there is either no engine to deal with or no dash-don't remember right off hand.
    Albert Einstein

R. James

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Got it out.What a pain! Fuel tank is leaking at the embossed seam where nipple is located.Lower right corner area. I think definitely a defect. DK45S fuel tank removal-tractor-fuel-tank-001.jpgDK45S fuel tank removal-tractor-fuel-tank-002.jpgDK45S fuel tank removal-tractor-fuel-tank-005.jpgDK45S fuel tank removal-tractor-fuel-tank-003.jpg The other 2 pics just show how far I had to go to get the thing out.
    Albert Einstein

R. James

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

OK, so now you've had your fun, now what to fix? Under warranty?
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

J-B weld probably. Could plasti weld but don't know how thick rest of it is around there. At least with the JB weld, I can build it up a bit. I really do feel this is a faulty part issue, but 2 mos. past 2 year bumper to bumper. Hopefully dealer will rescue me. By the way, the relief for the fitting that is in the mount is still not big enough- so I guess Kioti didn't address this issue yet. With the hose on the fitting, I figure it was under constant vibration and the embossed area finally broke.
    Albert Einstein

R. James

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

I think he's
    Murph ------------

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Yeh, actually 3 mos. past 2yr bumper to bumper, but hoping to get dealer to address from a safety standpoint. Sent him a PM, we'll see. I went through this a while back on a 92 thunderbird. Head gaskets at 72k. Faulty fire ring around cylinders. Ford had numerous problems and finally issued recall AFTER I had already fixed and sent down the road.
    Albert Einstein

R. James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast