Oil & Fuel dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs
I've never been inside my engine and haven't researched the shop manual, so you are beyond me at this point (especially WRT part #21). Maybe others can comment. I don't have experience with the fuses. Let me know if can help otherwise.

I haven't been inside mine either, only going from oem parts diagram(same as you have) and a two page engine servicing for injection pump removal for CK25/27/30/35 i found on post a few weeks ago (it appears to have the same stop solenoid as we have). If I can find post again i will let you know what i am looking at.

Right now that is the only thing(how to remove solenoid without dropping stop guide) holding me up from removing stop solenoid to see if this is problem. Read engine chapter you sent and wondering if different dk45 then we have, it looks like different stop solenoid but the ip pump looks same.

We will try the resistance at manual stop lever with key off and on tonight or tomorrow and will let you know.

thanks so much for all the help

Do you think stop solenoid relay on firewall could be bad even though i get a loud and clear click at metal end of solenoid when key is turned to heat?

Also get click at metal end of solenoid when turn key back to off after above click.

thanks

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #32  
I bought a paper DK45S/451 workshop manual for about $65 but it clearly shows the older style SS design (i.e. not same as my DK45S). I've found other errors (like grease fitting locations) so I lack confidence in this documentation. On the other hand, the EX45 manual on the Australian web site does appear to show the same configuration as my tractor. At the risk of repeating myself, documentation from that era was not Kioti's strong suit.

Because you can feel action at the SS, I doubt the relay is your problem. But I suppose it's possible for the SS to fail internally such that the action rod and spring break away from the actual solenoid. This is unlikely IMO, but I'd check it and also the rack pin (for movement/jam) before spending $1-2K for a new IP. I also wonder (assuming a bad IP) if you and your dealer can prevail on Kioti to pick up some or all of the cost for the new part. Do you have confidence in your dealer or did he forget you once he got your $$$?

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #33  
I have a Dk35 thru 45 workshop manual. Would that help?

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #34  
I bought a paper DK45S/451 workshop manual for about $65 but it clearly shows the older style SS design (i.e. not same as my DK45S). I've found other errors (like grease fitting locations) so I lack confidence in this documentation. On the other hand, the EX45 manual on the Australian web site does appear to show the same configuration as my tractor. At the risk of repeating myself, documentation from that era was not Kioti's strong suit.

Because you can feel action at the SS, I doubt the relay is your problem. But I suppose it's possible for the SS to fail internally such that the action rod and spring break away from the actual solenoid. This is unlikely IMO, but I'd check it and also the rack pin (for movement/jam) before spending $1-2K for a new IP. I also wonder (assuming a bad IP) if you and your dealer can prevail on Kioti to pick up some or all of the cost for the new part. Do you have confidence in your dealer or did he forget you once he got your $$$?

There was a recent batch of solenoids that were failing, the importer advised my dealer it was caused by malfunctioning springs .

I am looking at page 2-33 in engine chapter 2 that was on your earlier reply for download and has an austrlian address. #36 the stop solenoid on that page looks different than the oem parts diagram supplied last night for my tractor. The oem diagram is what is on my tractor.

Talked to dealer today and not sure yet.

There was a recent batch of solenoids that were failing, the importer advised my dealer it was caused by malfunctioning springs .

When you say recent batch of solenoids does that mean tractors manufactured in 2006? Did he say what range of years/models this involved.

thanks

I have a Dk35 thru 45 workshop manual. Would that help?

Yes I think this would be of great value. Removal of engine stop solenoid, removal of injector pump, removal of intake manifold and removal of idle adjusting bolt would be so good to have for this dk45s project.

But if this is too much then let me know where you purchased yours.

thanks for your offer it is much appreciated

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #38  
I am looking at page 2-33 in engine chapter 2 that was on your earlier reply for download and has an austrlian address. #36 the stop solenoid on that page looks different than the oem parts diagram supplied last night for my tractor. The oem diagram is what is on my tractor.

Looking at the workshop manuals on that Australian site, the ones for the DK45-50 workshop manual and DK451 workshop manual appear to apply to an older version of the stop solenoid. The EX35-50 manual appears to show the 2006 engine configuration we have. My paper manual appears to be identical to the 451 manual, which is not the same as my tractor. I find it really annoying that the manuals do not indicate the applicable tractor serial numbers. The OEM parts pages let you pick the version that applies to your tractor but I don't see any obvious way to pick the right version based on your s/n. I guess I'm spoiled by association with aerospace and also manuals for Mercedes cars where applicable serial numbers are always called out. I wonder if there is a workshop manual that's correct for our tractors.

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #39  
The OEM parts pages let you pick the version that applies to your tractor but I don't see any obvious way to pick the right version based on your s/n.

I take that back. In the OEM parts pages, applicable serial numbers are indicated in parenthesis.

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #40  
Yes I think this would be of great value. Removal of engine stop solenoid, removal of injector pump, removal of intake manifold and removal of idle adjusting bolt would be so good to have for this dk45s project.

But if this is too much then let me know where you purchased yours.

thanks for your offer it is much appreciated

I got mine from my dealer, what do you want to know?