Oil & Fuel dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #1  

sherrym

Bronze Member
Tractor
kioti dk45s
After reading several post it seeems we have an injector pump problem. Tractor cranks but won't start. Gas tank to fuel lift pump line checked. Fuel lift pump to fuel filter line checked. Fuel filter to injector pump line checked. All these lines getting fuel but when crack injector line one right above injector pump and crank engine no fuel. We also changed fuel filter when problem first happened thinking clogged fuel filter, but after new filter and bleed same thing. Also opened bleed bolt on injector pump and plenty of fuel.

Purchased tractor in june of 2006. Does anyone know if kioti was still putting injector pumps with plastic gears on dk45s in 2006?

Called kioti today and was told to talk to dealer, but had already talked to dealer and mechanic twice and they insist it is bad fuel. We have bought fuel from same place for six years now and two other tractors using same fuel and no problems. So kioti customer service says they will call dealer for me and see if we can bring in part for inspection.

If replace part, looks like intake manifold to engine will need to come off. What to watch for if taking this off? Found spec for removing injector pump from another post for ck35 and it just says to remove intake manifold.

Does anyone know best place to buy part for dk45s?

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #2  
i helped pull off a 2011 dk45 injector pump, and it wasn't very difficult at all. Had to loosen the intake manifold was all.

on this unit, the interior rail was jammed, and after turning it with pliers, it has continued to operate without any issues. was wedged somehow upon manufacture.

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #3  
You are going to have to buy the pump from a KIOTI dealer. As far as I have found they are NOT able to be rebuilt. There are many, start with your local and see what kind of deal they can give you. Get all the gaskets including intake gaskets. You will probably tear them upon disassembly. It will take you around 2-3 hours to do the job depending on your mechanical knowledge.

Tony

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs
Thanks grsthegreat,

looks like u would have to replace intake manifold gaskets even if u loosened it right? This tractor has 500 hrs so not sure how tight a hold intake manifold will have on block. Trying to find a post i found two weeks ago describing how to check if rail is stuck by taking the stop seleiond off. Any suggestion for that?

thanks tony,

kinda stinks that u cant rebuild considering part is very expensive. Only have 500 hrs and this part should last for much more hrs than that. So do you know if 2006 dk45s tractor had problem pumps put on? Have you had any cases where the rail was stuck and could unstick it without replacing part?

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #6  
Thanks grsthegreat,

looks like u would have to replace intake manifold gaskets even if u loosened it right? This tractor has 500 hrs so not sure how tight a hold intake manifold will have on block. Trying to find a post i found two weeks ago describing how to check if rail is stuck by taking the stop seleiond off. Any suggestion for that?

you should be able to move the rail with the stop manifold off. On the unit i helped with the gaskets did not have to be replaced. they came off real easy.
On an older unit, they may be sealed to block.

ok will try that. do you mean stop selenoid instead of stop manifold?

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #8  
thanks tony,

kinda stinks that u cant rebuild considering part is very expensive. Only have 500 hrs and this part should last for much more hrs than that. So do you know if 2006 dk45s tractor had problem pumps put on? Have you had any cases where the rail was stuck and could unstick it without replacing part?
Judging from what I have read on these forums, 2006-2008 models seemed to have the highest # of injector pump problems.

/ dk45s injector pump problems at 500 hrs #9  
Sounds like the injector pump (IP) rack is jammed in the off position but run the fuel-to-injector test again at max throttle to be sure. Before you tear into the actual IP, check the shutoff solenoid (and manual shutoff lever/linkages) to be sure that's not the problem. Starting on page 2-17, this document explains how the IP works:

http://downloads.pfgaustralia.com.a...e/Service Manuals/DA/DK 45-50 WM/2 Engine.pdf

There have been reports with photos (see http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/225273-injector-pump-failure.html ) of failures of the gear teeth and rack teeth in the IP. It is possible that the rack is jammed by debris that can be removed. If you have damaged gear teeth but the rack is OK, it's possible to rotate the gear 180 degrees and reassemble. Oh yeah, each plunger and cylinder is a matched set so don't mix them up.

Considering the cost of a new IP, recommend you be sure that's the problem before shelling out for a new one.

I'm real sorry to hear about your problem as I have a 2006 (F in serial number) model DK45S. In any event, I'll be interested in whatever you learn.

Last edited:
thanks scott,

It is late here in wv will read inf you gave tomorrow and get back. I also read on this site something about relay switch causing stop selenoid to violently slame rack and cause it to jam. I saw pic of damaged ip gears/teeth and hope it is just something stuck without damage, not quite sure how to check from stop selenoid. Had read another post two weeks ago how to check if stop selenoid on side of tractor but mine is in front of tractor in front of ip. i have oem parts diagram page if you are interested. Also read on this site that if the manual stop lever has no resistance then the rack is jammed. When I move manual stop lever it feels to me like there is NO resistance it moves very easy. i will check where throttle is at but I think it was on full throttle when did fuel to injector line one test right above ip. Mine also has F starting the serial number.