Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

Default HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back

I have a 2008 CK35HST Kioti tractor. The foot pedal does not come back like it did when new,so the tractor still creeps forward when I let off on pedal. I've greased the fittings to no avail. Wondering how I adjust the pedal so it springs back to the neutral position like it did when new. It does come back normally when in reverse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225, McCormick X10.50H

Default Re: HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back

It's a known problem. Bobcat has a Technical service bulletin out on it, I suspect KiotI does too. You can search the forum for sticky hydro pedal to find it. (in the bobcat forums for sure). The trouble is bobcats TSB says to piss on the customers leg and tell them it's raining. I threw a fit and they did replace it with the new part with the stronger spring. That did fix it.

Advertiser
    Dartmouth College/Lake Sunapee Region, west central New Hampshire.
    Tractor
    Can't remember

The biggest culprit is the shaft and bushing going through the case. You want to work some good penetrating oil in there and free it up. The new tractors have a grease fitting on that shaft. Keep it well lubricated.
    Dave G.
    KiotiDave
    David G.

Its simpler than that. Look and see if the pedal is at 90deg to the fitment below it. I got dirt under mine and bent the weld. Used a block of wood and reset to the original spec. Now i keep an eye on it.

Cheap part on HST.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

Thanks guys, I'll try to lubricate the linkage and see how that works out. Like I said, I did grease the fittings and that is'nt the problem. I'll also take a closer look at the pedal. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

Well I sprayed white lithium grease where the shaft from the throttle pedal enters the case and I greased both zerks and it still creeps. It seems that when I let off reverse it comes back quickly and the tractor stops. I checked to see if the pedal was bent and it did'nt seem to be. Maybe it's time to get a shop manual. I really don't want to start tweaking things to get the adjustment right. What do you guys think?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20HST

Quote Originally Posted by KiotiDave View Post
    The biggest culprit is the shaft and bushing going through the case. You want to work some good penetrating oil in there and free it up. The new tractors have a grease fitting on that shaft. Keep it well lubricated.
    Dave G.
    KiotiDave
    Bubbu55... Kioti Dave has the answer for you. The key is a good PENETRATING OIL, applied very liberally to the area between the trans case and the pedal so that the lube can can flow into that area and get on the shaft where it goes through the trans case. If the tractor is left outside alot you'll want to do this once a month, less if used more or parked inside. ( I know from 7 + yrs with my CK20HST )
    Also white spray grease and thin lubes like WD40 will not do it. PB Blaster is a great penetrant but will need to be applied more often. Since you live in NY look for CASTLE THRUST at local auto parts, it is one of the very best as it will penetrate and then thicken with a very high film strength and is very water resistant so it wonn't wash off easily. ( Also great for sticky door locks and locks outside, will prevent car locks from freezing, when applied 2-3 times ayear)
    Cheap and simple, good luck.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

Thanks Joe, I'll give that a shot. Hopefully that's the ticket. Never heard of Castle Thrust but I'll look for it. Thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Castle chemical makes many lubes and garage/shop chemicals. Thrust is the name for their penetrating type oil. It does work well to loosen things up. I have also used Kroil. Hard to find in parts stores but can be found via Amazon, e-bay, or the company site. Maybe once you get it loosened, the white lithium used after will last longer. Mine CK30hst gets that shaft lubed twice a year. In the Fall before Winter snows and then in the Spring. So far so good after 7 years.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

Victor, good idea to lube it up. My other tractors were shuttle shift. This is my first HST. That's what's good about this site, now I know. Thanks. Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast