HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back

/ HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back #1  

bubbu55

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I have a 2008 CK35HST Kioti tractor. The foot pedal does not come back like it did when new,so the tractor still creeps forward when I let off on pedal. I've greased the fittings to no avail. Wondering how I adjust the pedal so it springs back to the neutral position like it did when new. It does come back normally when in reverse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back #2  
It's a known problem. Bobcat has a Technical service bulletin out on it, I suspect KiotI does too. You can search the forum for sticky hydro pedal to find it. (in the bobcat forums for sure). The trouble is bobcats TSB says to piss on the customers leg and tell them it's raining. I threw a fit and they did replace it with the new part with the stronger spring. That did fix it.

/ HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back #3  
The biggest culprit is the shaft and bushing going through the case. You want to work some good penetrating oil in there and free it up. The new tractors have a grease fitting on that shaft. Keep it well lubricated.
Dave G.
KiotiDave

/ HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back #4  
Its simpler than that. Look and see if the pedal is at 90deg to the fitment below it. I got dirt under mine and bent the weld. Used a block of wood and reset to the original spec. Now i keep an eye on it.

Cheap part on HST.

/ HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back
Thanks guys, I'll try to lubricate the linkage and see how that works out. Like I said, I did grease the fittings and that is'nt the problem. I'll also take a closer look at the pedal. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks

Well I sprayed white lithium grease where the shaft from the throttle pedal enters the case and I greased both zerks and it still creeps. It seems that when I let off reverse it comes back quickly and the tractor stops. I checked to see if the pedal was bent and it did'nt seem to be. Maybe it's time to get a shop manual. I really don't want to start tweaking things to get the adjustment right. What do you guys think?

/ HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back #7  
The biggest culprit is the shaft and bushing going through the case. You want to work some good penetrating oil in there and free it up. The new tractors have a grease fitting on that shaft. Keep it well lubricated.
Dave G.
KiotiDave

Bubbu55... Kioti Dave has the answer for you. The key is a good PENETRATING OIL, applied very liberally to the area between the trans case and the pedal so that the lube can can flow into that area and get on the shaft where it goes through the trans case. If the tractor is left outside alot you'll want to do this once a month, less if used more or parked inside. ( I know from 7 + yrs with my CK20HST )
Also white spray grease and thin lubes like WD40 will not do it. PB Blaster is a great penetrant but will need to be applied more often. Since you live in NY look for CASTLE THRUST at local auto parts, it is one of the very best as it will penetrate and then thicken with a very high film strength and is very water resistant so it wonn't wash off easily. ( Also great for sticky door locks and locks outside, will prevent car locks from freezing, when applied 2-3 times ayear)
Cheap and simple, good luck.

Thanks Joe, I'll give that a shot. Hopefully that's the ticket. Never heard of Castle Thrust but I'll look for it. Thanks

/ HST forward foot pedal won't come all the way back #9  
Castle chemical makes many lubes and garage/shop chemicals. Thrust is the name for their penetrating type oil. It does work well to loosen things up. I have also used Kroil. Hard to find in parts stores but can be found via Amazon, e-bay, or the company site. Maybe once you get it loosened, the white lithium used after will last longer. Mine CK30hst gets that shaft lubed twice a year. In the Fall before Winter snows and then in the Spring. So far so good after 7 years.

Victor, good idea to lube it up. My other tractors were shuttle shift. This is my first HST. That's what's good about this site, now I know. Thanks. Bob