What idle speed?

/ What idle speed? #1  

Jesse masterson

Platinum Member
Tractor
07 kioti dk 45s
I have a dk 45 and it seems it idles at a higher rpm than before . It runs fine but is idling at 1100 rpm, is that normal rpm . Thanks

/ What idle speed? #2  
i'd call that high.. check the IP see if there is an idle adjustment set screw on the linkage...

/ What idle speed? #3  
You might want to either talk to your dealer or check closely in your owner's manual. My Kubota B2710 idled that fast, or maybe a little faster. That just did not seem right to me, but I read in one of the manuals that it had to do with emissions; supposedly cleaner exhaust with the fast idle. Anyway, it was a simple matter for me to adjust it down around 750-800 or so. I didn't leave it idling that much, so I don't think I hurt anything.

/ What idle speed? #4  
wow.. my jd-b runs that fast at max throttle.. in fact.. maybee not that fast.. :)

/ What idle speed?
I thought about turning it down but I'm Leary of doing things I'm not sure of with the more modern motors there may be a reason for it, were no longer dealing with a holly 750, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the input .

/ What idle speed? #6  
My DK45S idles between 800 and 900 as I recall. The spring that controls idle rpm is one of the things they say to leave undisturbed if you replace the IP. I suspect it's an emission thing. But I don't see any real problem with fast idle.

/ What idle speed? #7  
if I leave a diesel idling for a long time.. I up the idle... if short time.. I let it do it's factory low idle.. etc..

i'm guessing emgine size may have a difference too. I've seen a move towards higher rpms for smaller engines...