CK30 Injection Pump

/ CK30 Injection Pump #1  

btward79

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
My other posts mention me installing the loader... I have figured that apparently that was a coincidence.

I had my tractor running shut it off and now it won't start up. I have went through the fuel bleed steps and have no fuel coming out of the injector nozzle holder, while I do have fuel at the bolt on the injector pump. I am cranking the engine while checking as well. Unfortunatly, this sounds like the injector pump has a problem.

I have seen the reports on the teeth being bad. From the book there is a plunger that moves as well. Can I move the gear or plunger by hand without taking the IP pump out? Any tips or advice would be nice. My tractor was bought used at 32 hours and now has 39. :mad:

/ CK30 Injection Pump
I put my finger on the stop solenoid and I feel it clicking on and off with the ignition so that probably rules that part out... Any other information would be appreciated.

/ CK30 Injection Pump
Thanks to another forum member for messaging me I opened up the oil fill flange, the piece in the picture below with the orange cap which is mounted just in front of the injection pump.
1.jpg

This next picture below is looking inside of the oil flange after removal and towards the front of the engine. item #3 which you can't see in the picture is the stop solenoid. When the key is turned to on. It moves towards the front of the engine. Away from the injection pump. Now I believe the rod item #4 is supposed to move as well and it's not. This is apart of the injection pump. I put a pick in there and tried to move it either way and I can't get it to move...
2.jpg

/ CK30 Injection Pump #4  
Thats it...The one you have marked number 4 has to move forward with the key on. when working right it is very easy to move.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #6  
The 1st lever with the springs on it is your throttle.....the 2nd lever behind it is your governor lever. That lever will move when it is running....it pushes rod on pump when running.....towards back of tractor for idiling and when throttle up it will move towards front of tractor to let pump deliver more fuel. it hits the rod on pump.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #7  
The tube looking piece i am talking about is in your 1st pic.....in the bottom left.

/ CK30 Injection Pump
So the 1st lever close towards our view is the throttle? That doesn't appear to touch or be in any position to ever touch that pin on the rod in the pump... Now that 2nd lever hiding in the back there the govener I believe you're saying that still doesn't touch the pin on the rod but I can see how it could do that... Unfortunatly, that pin doesn't move at all.

As for the tube piece I figured that's what you were referring too... I see another post here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/230395-ck25-will-not-start.html
mentioning to remove the stop solenoid... What is the dangers in removing this I see some words of caution...

/ CK30 Injection Pump #9  
btward: Your item #4 is the injection pump (IP) rack pin. Inside the IP is a rack (toothed strip) that engages gears (one per engine cylinder) that control the amount of fuel injected (under 2000+ psi) into each cylinder near the top of the compression cycle of each piston. In addition to this pin, there are springs behind the IP that act directly on the rack and push it forward (more fuel) to set the idle speed. Also, the stop solenoid (SS) pushes directly on the front of the rack to move it aft to the shutoff position (no fuel). The "throttle" is a spring arrangement that pulls on the rack pin to move the rack forward (more fuel) and the centrifugal governor pushes it aft via a lever. The governor and "throttle" should exert force on the rack pin. Basically, the IP injects enough fuel to balance the centrifugal and spring forces.

Your picture makes it look like the throttle/spring has disconnected from the rack pin. But maybe I'm not seeing it right. If that were the only problem, the engine should still start and idle.

The rack pin should move under light finger pressure except it may be forced full aft by the strong spring in the SS. I would recommend removing the SS and then see if the rack moves or not (jammed). If the rack is jammed call your dealer (you are under warranty, yes?) A jammed rack probably means broken rack and/or gear teeth and the Kioti solution is to replace the IP. An easy job but a $1000 part.

Good luck.

Scott

/ CK30 Injection Pump #10  
Yes...the governor lever will not touch it until it is running...you can remove stop solenoid but just make sure plastic piece in between solenoid and pump doesn't fall into engine. You can take mechanical lever that nothing is hooked to off... Above solenoid... That will also stop engine if your solenoid doesn't work by moving that lever by hand. This will help you get plastic piece out. I used a long Alan wrench to stick in plastic piece and slide it out.