New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST #1  

biodtl

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST
Hey All,

I am the proud short/long term owner of a Kioti DK35SE HST. We recently moved to the Cleveland area for my wife's schooling and happened upon a nice rental property with 3.5 acres. We certainly did not plan on having a tractor (nor had I ever really considered one). But, her parents moved off a small farm in Indiana and were looking for someone to store/use their tractor for a few years. We had the largest property in the family so it came to us! The tractor was delivered by a friend of theirs about a month ago and I have had a blast with it. I had no idea how useful a tractor would be.

It only had 179 hours on it when it was delivered and I have added another 20 or so since then. They went ahead and did the 200 hour maintenance before it was delivered to me so I should be good on maintenance for a while. It came with a FEL and a couple rear implements from their prior tractor; a KT103 tiller and a KRM03-60 Finish mower. The finish mower had been sitting in disrepair for a number of years and needed a lot of work so that was my first project. Within a couple of weeks, a dealer visit, and a few online orders, I replaced the blades, belts, gear oil, all 4 wheels, 2 wheel forks, a number of busted bolts, and some missing zerks. It mows like a dream now compared to the 38" Ford riding mower I was using. I can't say it saved me much time on the yard, maybe 2.5hours instead of 3 now, but I am sure that will improve in time.

The owner (wifes father) said he would split the cost of a rear snow blade with me so I am sure I will do that before the snow season starts. I've been prowling around the snow forum and am sure I will have some questions when the time comes.

Other than mowing, I've used it to move a lot of brush and wood around, a bit of lifting and pulling with a chain, and a quick practice run with the tiller before I attached the mower. I hope to till a good size garden next year.

They are going to have a hard time prying this thing out of my hands if they ever want it back!

Here are a few pics of me and the tractor:
IMG_0721.JPG
IMG_0722.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG

And the finish mower during repair:
20120725_185654.jpg
And after repair:
20120827_092513.jpg

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST #2  
Greetings from Medina.

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST
Hey Thanks! The Kioti dealer I went to was in Medina. Though they didn't have anything in stock to help me out, they were able to get me on the right track.

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST #4  
Welcome to the forum.

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST #5  
Nice tractor isn't it? I have one just like it. Yes they are so useful. You should consider getting a set of SSQA forks for the front. I use them almost as much as the bucket, for moving rocks, and building rock walls with. You can set rock with the forks when you get good at operating, and the Hydrostat really helps here. I also move things around quite a bit by putting them on an old pallet. They are also very usefull for moving brush, you can often scoop up a pretty good wad of brush by just getting under it, or you can stack it on the forks. Pretty easy for me to spend your money isn't it?:) Enjoy your tractor!

James K0UA

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST #8  
Welcome.

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST
You should consider getting a set of SSQA forks for the front.

That is a great idea, could be real handy. Manually tossing brush up on the loader is a bit of a chore, I would probably be better off tossing the brush in the back of my truck, but what fun would that be?

My next purchase will be a rear blade though. I can't pass the opportunity to split that cost 1/2 with the owner. Now I just have to figure out what to get.

/ New member from Cleveland area with Kioti DK35SE HST #10  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken